Do you have friends who crochet or are you a Lone Crocheter?

WendyP

Ok, new question:

Do you have a group of friends you crochet with or do you feel sort of like the "Lone Crocheter" among your friends?

My answer: I feel like the Lone Crocheter :hook. Most of the people I know are quilters, which is a totally different ball game.

Well, I used to be on my own, but they hired a couple more medics at work who crochet. One is even a guy, but I think he's trying to keep his crochet addiction quiet! :lol We now share patterns and progress on our projects.

:hook Colleen

I am the lone ranger...I mean crocheter. I know of 2 other people that crochet. 1 I have only met a couple of times through dh's family. The other is the wife of a friend of dh's. We are friendly but not close friends. Although we hope to become better friends as we are moving just down the street from them and our dd's are about the same age.

Of my family and friends, those who crochet are my younger sister, my great grandmother, and my mother-in-law. However, since we don't talk regularly to each other about what we are working on, I consider myself to be a lone crocheter (and my lounge chair is like my steed, Silver). I don't think there is ever a chance of my co-workers ever taking up crochet since they are all male (I am an engineer).

-B

This is going to sound soooo sad, but since I moved out of my best friends home, when we where roommates, I have not had any "friends" away from work. And at work I am the only female in a group of approx 25 men. LOL so yes I am the Lone Crocheter!!

lone_ranger.jpg

HMMMMMM, seems there is some yarn down there that needs to be free'd!! HI HO HOOK LET'S GO!! :clap

I am a lone crocheter too - I have one friend who's wife crochets but we are both shift workers and are never off work at the same time.... I do go to another crafting friend's house with my crochet but she is a paper bunny so she snips and I knot all day :bounce

I, too, am a lone crocheter... I am teaching my kids but with school in session it hasn't been worked on in a while... my DH asked me last week to teach him though! So if he's "in the mood" (hehe) then one night we'll start... I taught my BFF to crochet but she lives in FL (she just joined here too) so when she's up here we SnB lol

I'm the lone crocheter here too. None of my friends crochet, although some of them have talked about learning - none of them seem motivated in actually doing it, though. My girls have tried to learn, but they have tons of activities and school, so I'm not pushing them too much. My husband's family lives around me & his step-grandmother crochets - she & I have had lots of great conversations about it when we have the chance to get together!

I am lucky to have two great groups that I meet with weekly for crochet (or other stitching activity) and talk. One is a group of moms with lots of similar interests. We learn from each other, share books, patterns, and tips. The other is a group of girls, two of whom I taught to crochet. Now there are more. It's very refreshing to share the addiction with people who understand.

I am a lone crocheter also. I do have a friend who does crochet but she only does a couple of stitches and doesn't read patterns. There is a hobby group that crochets (and knits) for the volunteer organization that I belong to when I was working (was associated with the company) but I stopped there one day for a meeting and did not feel comfortable at all with them. They are all retirees (like me) but they are very cliquey (can't spell that too well) so I left and prefer to crochet alone.

LI Roe

• Donna changed the title to Do you have friends who crochet or are you a Lone Crocheter?

Archived