Wip

classic crochet

I am working on a cabled lapghan/ baby afghan I would like to sell in my Etsy store. Would anyone here like to test it for me?

Gosh, I wish I had gotten your request a month ago, I just finished knitting a baby afghan. I would have been glad to test your pattern!

I'm working on the sweater for my new grandson due in February. I am so excited to have someone new to knit for.

Oh...speaking of the baby afghan. I had no sooner finished this cream colored baby afghan than my SIL called and told me that she was knitting the baby a cream colored afghan and planned to come here for the baby shower (she lives 1200 miles away). OMG! Well at least I know. Since she is going through all that trouble and coming so far to bring it, I'll give mine to someone else so hers will shine. Yikes, that was close!

Gosh, I wish I had gotten your request a month ago, I just finished knitting a baby afghan. I would have been glad to test your pattern!

I'm working on the sweater for my new grandson due in February. I am so excited to have someone new to knit for.

Oh...speaking of the baby afghan. I had no sooner finished this cream colored baby afghan than my SIL called and told me that she was knitting the baby a cream colored afghan and planned to come here for the baby shower (she lives 1200 miles away). OMG! Well at least I know. Since she is going through all that trouble and coming so far to bring it, I'll give mine to someone else so hers will shine. Yikes, that was close!

:hug Congratulations on the new grandbaby!!!! How exciting!!! I think I would still give the baby blanket, you could wait until your SIL leaves. It's always more special to have something handmade from grandma!

I've been working on some slippers that are almost ready to felt.

Hope you will be able to take pictures of your projects soon. :photo

Me too! I have ended up having to save for a new camera, mine couldn't be fixed :( My son has offered to take some for me so hopefully I can post some soon.

Did you knit or crochet your slippers? I hope you post pictures!

Me too! I have ended up having to save for a new camera, mine couldn't be fixed :( My son has offered to take some for me so hopefully I can post some soon.

Did you knit or crochet your slippers? I hope you post pictures!

Sorry about your camera. :(

The slippers are knitted. I'm a bit nervous about the felting. I plan on taking pictures, either of the slippers or of a couple of blobs that were supposed to be slippers. :yarn

Sorry about your camera. :(

The slippers are knitted. I'm a bit nervous about the felting. I plan on taking pictures, either of the slippers or of a couple of blobs that were supposed to be slippers. :yarn

Felting is fun, just keep a close eye on it. My stuff tends to shrink more in height than in length. It can get away from you in a hurry.

Classic Crochet - Wish I could be one of the testers for your cabled blanket. I have too many projects that need to be done. :( Maybe, I could do next pattern ? Can't wait to see it in your etsy store!

Classic Crochet - Wish I could be one of the testers for your cabled blanket. I have too many projects that need to be done. :( Maybe, I could do next pattern ? Can't wait to see it in your etsy store!

Thanks! I'm not sure when I'll have my next one ready. It feels like it takes forever!!! So many ideas, so little time!

I finished my slippers, and it looks like that is exactly what happened. But they came out okay.

You're slippers are really cute! I have started to increase the stitches in my rounds on my slippers to make it taller so mine don't shrink so skinny. I made hubby a pair that JUST fit. Any more shrinking and there is no way he could get them on. I am going to use my failed pair as hot pads for plates on my table.

You're slippers are really cute! I have started to increase the stitches in my rounds on my slippers to make it taller so mine don't shrink so skinny. I made hubby a pair that JUST fit. Any more shrinking and there is no way he could get them on. I am going to use my failed pair as hot pads for plates on my table.

Thank you. :)

That's a great idea about turning failed projects into hot pads. I could use some hot pads anyway.

Felting is one technique I've never tried. Always looked a little chancy to me.

It can get away from you :lol But it's very addictive! I love how it looks when you're done. I'm thinking of felting a tote next, just haven't found the right bag yet.

dmcrochets - The hot pads are my way of justifying my mistakes :lol I can keep trying as long as I have a functional back-up plan:yes

Archived