Oops

kmeiding

So I starched a doily and used the wrong pins and they rusted a little. Now my white doily has a few rust spots. What is the best to clean this?

Use Iron-Out.

I used to purchase this product when I lived in a rural area because my well water stained EVERYTHING because of the iron content. Since this was a common problem in the area the supermarkets carried it. The only place to purchase it where I live now is either Lowes or a local hardware store.

It is a powder that you dissolve in water and then soak the article. It will remove the rust stains like magic. (I used to have to add it to the washer-full of clothes I had such bad well water).

Oh - - by the way - - - it STINKS to high heaven so hold your breath when you pour the powder. The smell will rinse right out though, thankfully.

Use Iron-Out.

I used to purchase this product when I lived in a rural area because my well water stained EVERYTHING because of the iron content. Since this was a common problem in the area the supermarkets carried it. The only place to purchase it where I live now is either Lowes or a local hardware store.

It is a powder that you dissolve in water and then soak the article. It will remove the rust stains like magic. (I used to have to add it to the washer-full of clothes I had such bad well water).

Oh - - by the way - - - it STINKS to high heaven so hold your breath when you pour the powder. The smell will rinse right out though, thankfully.

I second this...Iron Out is a wonderful product. I use it when we go on vacation in northern Michigan and the well water is really bad :yes

Archived