Sign in to follow this  
knittergma

Looking for double crochet magic square hot pad pattern

Hi

I hope someone out there has a pattern for the thick magic square hot pad I have done the single crochet one, but saw one made up in double crochet that looked really cool. If anyone has the pattern I would love to have it. Thanks ahead of time.

knittergma

:yarn:yarn:yarn

Howdy from Oklahoma

Welcome to Crochetville

am sure that someone here can lead you to what you are seeking.

Warm greetings from the Nevada desert!

:autumn

I like the idea of making the magic square potholder in dc.

:welcome From Maryland.

I too like majic square pad and have not seen it in double crochet. Did you try the pattern by changing the stitch? As long as you still keep the same dimension, I can't think of why it wouldn't work. I'll have to give that a try, hummm, now you have me quite curious!

Hello & welcome from Southern Oregon! Hope you post a pic of the DC magic potholder when you've gotten one made - can't wait to see!

If I can't come up with the pattern written out, I have a friend who has one already made and I will borrow it and make my own pattern and will put it up for all to share.

knittergma

Edited by knittergma

There is a crochet leaflet by Annie's Attic called "Learn to Crochet Easy Magic Squares" that has magic square placemats, coasters, dishcloths, hot pads, rugs, a towel topper, a coin purse, a sachet, a pillow cover and a lapghan or throw. The designs in the leaflet are by Janet Rehfeldt and the leaflet is #874516. However, there aren't any patterns for a magic square done in just dc stitches. The stitch combinations used are alternating stitches on each round, clusters and shells. This leaflet would be worth checking out if you want to make different items with magic squares and try different stitch combinations. I hope this helps.

Hi from Australia. Happy crocheting.:crocheting