Basketweave scarf

leaette

I made this for the scarf swap and my parter received it so now I can show it off.

I used the basketweave stitch. Using a bulky wool/acrylic yarn. It's in a dark forest green color. Super thick and super warm.

The stitch took me a few frogged rows to figure it out but then it was easy but it eats up alot of yarn! This took 4 skeins.

STUFF001-3.jpg

STUFF003-3.jpg

I love the basketweave pattern and used it with 100% cotton yarn (fingering weight) to make a long-sleeved cardigan. It looked wonderful, but man, it was way too heavy to actually wear. That basketweave pattern makes it like triple-thick.

For a scarf, I think you did the right thing -- used bulky weight and a large hook.

I love the basketweave pattern and used it with 100% cotton yarn (fingering weight) to make a long-sleeved cardigan. It looked wonderful, but man, it was way too heavy to actually wear. That basketweave pattern makes it like triple-thick.

For a scarf, I think you did the right thing -- used bulky weight and a large hook.

you are right...this scarf is super thick. perfect for those freezing january days. and yes, it's super heavy in weight. i couldn't imagine a whole sweater made out of it. it would be like 10 pounds and i have no clue how many skeins it would take! this scarf took 4.

Archived