Alabama Crocheters - Anyone Interested in a Monthly Meet & Greet?

bama_belle

I started to title this one "Central Alabama" crocheters, but I want to make it open to anyone. :hug

I was thinking that if we could plan to meet once a month somewhere in the Birmingham/Bessemer/Helena/Alabaster area, that would be sort of central and easy to find.

I know it would be a long drive for some of you farther north or farther south, but I'd love for those of us who live in the general Birmingham area to get together at least once!

If you think you'd be interested, let me know and I'll start looking for a place for us to get together.

Which brings up other questions:

Do we just want to find a place for coffee / hooking / talking?

Do we we want a place we can bring our own finger foods and drinks and just do our own thing?

Do we want a full menu, but relatively inexpensive (I'm thinking Wendy's / Arby's/ Cracker Barrell / something along those lines meal?

Let me know what you'd prefer and I'll set it up! :yes

Hi! I'm in north Alabama, but we have family south of Birmingham (Montevallo) so we go there from time to time to visit. I wanted to say that there is a group of ladies who knit who meet at "Sheep to Shawl" store in Montevallo. They're moving to the crossroads in Montevallo, and they might have changed their name. However, they used to meet every Tuesday evening, (5-9 or so) and will probably keep that up. Just to throw it out there. :)

Hugs

Victoria

Hi! I'm in north Alabama, but we have family south of Birmingham (Montevallo) so we go there from time to time to visit. I wanted to say that there is a group of ladies who knit who meet at "Sheep to Shawl" store in Montevallo. They're moving to the crossroads in Montevallo, and they might have changed their name. However, they used to meet every Tuesday evening, (5-9 or so) and will probably keep that up. Just to throw it out there. :)

Hugs

Victoria

I have GOT to go visit that store. I swear it seems I only wind up in Montevallo when they are closed. :(

Montevallo's only about a 15 minute drive from me. I may just have to make a trip there this Saturday and check it out.

I really hope you can get something going there. I know we had so much fun getting together here in AZ I think every state should do it. You will not regret it. I will remeber this for a lifetime.

Me too! I think it would be great to meet some of the wonderful folks from here.

Ok ladies, I know there's more than me in the area.

Do I smell? Do I have something hanging from my chin? Is it the third eye in the middle of my forehead?

I promise I'll take a bath, brush my teeth and wear a bandana!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi! We're in Vestavia, so not far from Alabaster! You are all welcome to meet at my house- if you can stand cats and dogs around. I'll give you all a free Mary Kay face-cleaning class, too (plug plug lol) Seriously, though. This would be fun and I think to have at someone's house where everyone brings a little snack and their yarn and hooks and crochet until the hubby comes home! :D

PS my house is free and quiet (relatively) most weekends as hubby works and the kids are usually off with friends!

Archived