Julie

[ENDED] Crochetville Doily Swap - LAST DAY to mail your doily IS TODAY!!

281 posts in this topic

Finally, the button is added to the first post of this thread. :)

cute button, Julie! :manyheart

Yippie...I added the button and it works, I linked back right...how about that? lol:P

Nice button:clap

Are we allowed to do freeform doilies? :think I just thought I'd throw that out in case anyone (besides me) is thinking about doing a freeform piece. :devil

I'm excited too. I love making vintage doilies. I can hear my steel #10 Calling my name!!!!:hook

I've added the button to my blog as well.:D

Are we allowed to do freeform doilies? :think I just thought I'd throw that out in case anyone (besides me) is thinking about doing a freeform piece. :devil

I think so long as it is a doily it should be fine, but then I'm not so sure what a freeform doily would end up looking like (hence the free and form in the descriptive :wink). It's all about being creative, but if you're not sure you can always check with your partner to see what she or he is leaning toward receiving. Ultimately, my standby 'have fun' comes to mind. :hook

Yippie...I added the button and it works, I linked back right...how about that? lol:P

Nice button:clap

cute button, Julie! :manyheart

Thanks ladies! :2blush

Planned or not, I have a feeling my doily may have a tendency to go freeform :eek , Maybe I should do a practice one now, to see if I CAN follow a pattern :think and get used to the tiny :hook that I need a magnifying glass to see. I'm used to working with a K as my favorite.

Kathy

Nice button, worth waiting for, the doilies are in my favorite pattern :D:yay

I think a freeform doily would be very interesting.

:frog

Nice button, Julie! :clap

I'm so excited about this swap too. :hook

I can't wait to know who my pal is going to be! :)

Finally, the button is added to the first post of this thread. :)

Great work on the button :clap. It's on my blog, and I'll blog about it soon.

If my doilie skills made my grandmother laugh, should I sign up or keep practicing? I'd love to participate, but I'm a bit of a chicken.

Just go for the small doily this time around and find a small pattern you think you might be able to do and do it.

:frog

Suzee...I've not ever made a doily ever either but I know Im gonna do my best and heck I might even like making them.....WE CAN DO IT GIRLIE WE CAN!!!!

:cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

Chatty & Crafty...Thanks for the pep talk! :) I do enjoy crocheting. I think you're right. Start small and simple. I can do this! :hook

Suzee & Cordelia, this will be my first doily, as well!!! So we're all in this together! :clap

Okay, I signed up. Between making bookmarks and the doily, Christmas gifts might be a little slim this year!! Oh well. I will be out of town from this weekend until July 7th, so don't get nervous if nobody hears from me.

Susan Rae

Ok Im signed up in this one for a large doily:cheer

sounds like fun to me:cheer

I'm so excited to have just discovered this new swap! I think I'm arriving just in time to play along! I've done my survey, so I hope you get it soon, Julie. I can't wait to do a doily!:yay

I :manyheart :manyheart :manyheart love to make doilies! This is my first swap. I finally reached 40+ posts. Really looking forward to this!

If you have a blog or website, you can link back to this post for the length of the swap so people visiting will know you are participating. It's not a requirement to use, just if you would like to have it. :)

Martha's site is a treasure-trove of pattern ideas! Look at all the doilies! Don't get overwhelmed now! :hook Have fun!