Julie

[ENDED] Crochetville Doily Swap - LAST DAY to mail your doily IS TODAY!!

281 posts in this topic

We're going to have two separate groups of people making doilies this time around. One for 'small doilies - 8 inches in diameter or less' and one for 'large doilies - over 8 inches in diameter'. Be sure you sign up for the appropriate grouping.

Here is a button you can use for this swap. :D

doilyswap.gif

You can use this URL to link back to the page:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8612

Basic guidelines for the Doily Swap:

1. Please complete the Doily Swap survey no later than June 25th.

2. Exchanges will last 50 days, so you will have nearly two full months to mail items to your assignments.

3. For this swap I would like to match people up, so you will make a doily for one person, and receive a doily from the same person in return. This of course may change if an odd number of people sign up for a swap grouping. In either case, you will know who is making your doily.

4. This swap runs from July 1st through August 31st. However, the doilies should be in the mail no later than August 20th in order to arrive at their destination by August 31st. A list will be posted on the board with the names of people who did not send doilies to their swap partners and they will be prohibited from participating in future swaps.

5. E-mail the coordinator, Julie, at julie[at]withahook.com when you send or receive a package so that she can update your record.

6. Thank you’s are a requirement, and can be sent via e-mail, e-card, or postal mail, and of course posted here at Crochetville. I ask that everyone remember that what they receive took time to make and the sender really should be thanked. The sender would also like to know their package arrived safely, so please get in touch with them somehow.

7. Place “Crochetville Swap†somewhere on your package so that the recipient can jump in excitement when it arrives.

8. Since we are an international group and everyone is more than welcome to participate, that means that someone in your swap group may live across the world. When you sign up for a swap, I will ask you if you can ship overseas.

9. Most importantly – have fun!

The name in bold is making the doily for...

The names in blue have received their doilies...

123mama for kevspepper

3doxies for AngelFairy

AngelFairy for DixieRedHead

apbmom for Diamond

CatsCradleCreations for princsstrish

Chatty for vhanna26

Chie for magdiego

Craftycritter for 3doxies

crazzy cow for dennymare

crochetrae for Chatty

dennymare for tcsgirl

Diamond for homeborrough

DixieRedHead for Mom w/a Motif

emeraldmoon for Katchkan

evelyn for crochetrae

homeburrough for evelyn

jaclim for emeraldmoon

JPorter718 for crazzy cow

Yarn Duck for Katiern

Katchkan for jaclim

Katiernfor CatsCradleCreations

kevspepperfor swapnae

kittyloufor Chie

losingmymind2 for ullafr

magdiego for kittylou

Mom w/a Motiffor Suzee

Thread Heroinefor 123mama

princsstrish for JPorter718

Suzee for Craftycritter

swapnae for MsKennedy

tcsgirl for losingmymind2

ullafr for Yarn Duck

vhanna26 for apbmom

OK...I've already filled out the survey because I'm super excited about this swap!!! Can't ya tell? Anyhows, a couple of questions:

~ Can we use any size thread? There wasn't an option for what size of thread on the form.

~ Will we have the option to have more than 1 partner if we wish?

Sorry to be a pain but I want to follow the rules.

Due to lots of travel plans in July & August, I won't be shipping overseas for this swap but I will again in the future.

~ Can we use any size thread? There wasn't an option for what size of thread on the form.

I think any size thread is fine as long as the finished size matches (more or less) which group you're in (8" or less, over 8").

As for multiple partners-- Julie?

I am SO in on this one!!!! What a great reason to make a doily. I just love making things for other people :) Doilies are good to make in the summer too so you don't have a big project sitting on your lap making you hot!!!

Hi Julie,

I've been waiting for this exchange to start.:cheer I've submitted a survey, and I'm looking forward to getting a partner.

Are straight from the pattern book doilies welcome, or is this for the fancy, exotic ones? I don't want to sign up only to disappoint my partner because I'm a virgin---when it comes to doilies that is! :2blush

Kathy

Oh no I want in so bad... I better see how I come with my bookmarks, maybe I can get a doily whipped out too. Hmm... talk about motivation lol

Are straight from the pattern book doilies welcome, or is this for the fancy, exotic ones?

Any doily is welcome! :)

I just signed up!! I'm excited to do this swap b/c I've been in a thread mood lately (must be all the bookmarks LOL). Also, I'm itching to try more patterns in my Painted Doilies book! :D:clap

Wheeeeee... I just got back from a fun trip to the grocery store.

~ Will we have the option to have more than 1 partner if we wish?

Yes, any size thread is just fine. I really hadn't thought much about more than one partner - thinking that doilies in general can take a while to make and we don't want anyone overwhelmed with having to make more than one. Let's get more people signed up and then I'll do a special survey for stuff like that, okay?

I just love making things for other people :) Doilies are good to make in the summer too so you don't have a big project sitting on your lap making you hot!!!

ME TOO~!! :hook

I've submitted a survey, and I'm looking forward to getting a partner.

Thank you Vera! I'll be assigning names around the 28th or so. Definitely in time before the start of the swap. :P

Are straight from the pattern book doilies welcome, or is this for the fancy, exotic ones?

Any doily you find that you think you want to make is fine, keeping in mind the size you signed up to make. There are tons of great free doily patterns on Crochet Pattern Central, and even Wal-Mart has some great doily books in their very limited selection so they should be easy find.

I'll be working on a button later tonight. :D

I've been waiting to sign up for something, so I'm really excited. I don't have a digital camera (yet) so I haven't been able to share anything with the group. So I'm happy to actually participate.

I swap squares with another group and I think it's so much fun. It's a little surprise just for you. (My husband thinks I'm freak:loco, but who cares.)

Susana

Okey I filled out the survey and now need to think about which one I will make.:cheer I can't wait to start.

Mary

Survey sent...now to find my pattern book...:think I got one of those 'easy' books at Walmart and have been collecting thread for some reason. I see it on sale, I buy it. :eek I know, I know yarn/thread addiction is a bad thing. At least when you can't get into your closet.

Kathy

All signed up....ready to go, fairly excited and sorta nervous....

Thanx in advance swap partner, whoever you may be, for finding the "good" parts of my doily re/creation...:blush

Are we suppose to have butterflies in our tummies??? :worried:sweat

I'm all signed up!! Anxious to try my first big doily!! I've made several 6inchers in the last few weeks but now I'm ready for the big ones!! Can't wait to get my partner!!!:hook

Alright, call me ditzy, having a blonde moment, etc etc etc....but I forgot what size doily I signed up for. I know I clicked no preference at first but did I change that to large or small? I really don't care either way but I would like to know so I can start planning! I was so excited I didn't even print out the survey that I had completed! DUH!!!

On another note: are the doilies supposed to be round, or can they be square, oblong, etc.? Told ya I was a pain!

OK! I've just decided on my pattern so if I didn't choose the large doily (8 inches or more) then change it please to LARGE doily. Thanking you in advance. You are the bestest mods in the net world!!! :devil

I've been waiting for this exchange to start.:yay :yay I've submitted a survey, and I'm looking forward to getting a partner. I like makeing doilys . One question can we make more then one for our partner. If we have time to. :think I just dont want my partner to feel like she has to make more then one. Can we have that as an option to make with out obligation...:shrug please

Alright, call me ditzy, having a blonde moment, etc etc etc....but I forgot what size doily I signed up for. I know I clicked no preference at first but did I change that to large or small? I really don't care either way but I would like to know so I can start planning! I was so excited I didn't even print out the survey that I had completed! DUH!!!

:D You signed up for a small doily, 8" or less

So far we have 5 for small doilies, 2 for large and 7 with no preference. Thank you ladies!!

:D You signed up for a small doily, 8" or less

So far we have 5 for small doilies, 2 for large and 7 with no preference. Thank you ladies!!

Can I change it to the large???? Perty pleeeeeeease????? I promise, whoever gets my doily won't be disappointed.

On another note: are the doilies supposed to be round, or can they be square, oblong, etc.? Told ya I was a pain!

I think any shape is fine... but that might be something you'll want to talk to your swap partner about when they are assigned. Like: did you specifically want a round doily, or is another shape okay? :)

You guys are making me want to sign up, but I just don't think I have the time this go 'round.

Can I change it to the large???? Perty pleeeeeeease????? I promise, whoever gets my doily won't be disappointed.

Yes, you can. I just realized you said that before. ;) Consider it done.