My "imitation" scarf

coffeeandcrochet

My dh bought me a knit sweater last yr. that is one of my favorites, I love it . I am not a knitter with the exception of an easy scarf lol. So I decided to "imitate" the look of it in crochet. What do you think? The first pic is of the sweater and scarf together, and the second pic is a closer pic of the scarf. Thanks for looking and have a great day!

crochet08057-1.jpg

crochet08061-1.jpg

What sort of stitch did you use to make the scarf?

I was really trying to imitate my knit sweater, and after:think and trying different stitch combos, it finally came to me :

simply using sc and alternating ea. st by doing one FL only and the next BL only and just repeat on across. It came out really well, and after finishing the scarf I had enough yarn to make a hat to match.

I was really trying to imitate my knit sweater, and after:think and trying different stitch combos, it finally came to me :

simply using sc and alternating ea. st by doing one FL only and the next BL only and just repeat on across. It came out really well, and after finishing the scarf I had enough yarn to make a hat to match.

That makes sense...I once saw a Melissa Leapman afghan (I believe it's in the Encyclopedia of Crochet) that used that same stitch pattern. It's beautiful!

Archived