Cocktail set

CraftyChristine

While eating dinner tonight, I noticed that my glass of iced tea was sweating...profusely! I own a set of sandstone coasters, but they're MIA at the moment and since I haven't crocheted anything in awhile, I decided to make coasters:

th_coasters.jpg

When I was finished with the set of four, there was still a good amount of yarn left so I made a matching snack bowl:

th_cocktailset.jpg

I used the pattern for the Plain square (#20) in the 63 squares afghan book and just stopped after seven rows. I didn't have a pattern for the bowl, I just winged it, but you can find a nice bowl tutorial in the new issue of Crochet Me.

I used every bit of a 2 oz. skein of Peaches & Cream cotton yarn. For the coasters I used a G hook, for the bowl, an E hook (For a nice tight bowl with no gaps)

I thought these would be a fun project to do for barbeques, cocktail parties or just for every day use. :)

(Images are clickable thumbnails)

Very nice set! You've inspired me...I may work on a set for a Christmas gift. I could fill the bowl with homemade cookies.....mmmmmm..Thanks.

WOW great idea...you know although I've seen crocheted bowls I often wondered if folk really use them and I guess they do....lol...

Love the coasters! :D

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

I'm a chronic snacker, so a small bowl like this is perfect because well...it's small lol.

I didn't use any type of stiffener on it or anything so since this is cotton, I can just toss it in the washer after I use it and then shape it and let it dry :D

Archived