1 blanket done! 5th grade camp raffle

jessicagil

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jessica, I need to amend this to two of each. I had to frog a square last night (well, early this a.m.) and I'm just not going to get to making a third one before I take a bunch of packages to the post office tomorrow. If you need more in a week, I can probably help out.

I'm really sorry, but life happened to me (well, work happened to me actually, but you know)

Joyce

Jessica, for your count, I'll be sending you three 8-inch squares and two 12.

Joyce

Hi Jessica, I put 4 more squares in the mail today for you. Three 8" and one 12".

Thanks so much!

Jessica, I need to amend this to two of each. I had to frog a square last night (well, early this a.m.) and I'm just not going to get to making a third one before I take a bunch of packages to the post office tomorrow. If you need more in a week, I can probably help out.

I'm really sorry, but life happened to me (well, work happened to me actually, but you know)

Joyce

I know how it is. Any squares will help so it's all good. Thanks so much for helping.

Hi, I just got 2 more squares done that will go out today (I have to go to the post office anyway ;)).

~Cyndi~

DSCF1608.jpg

I'll let you know when they get here!

My squares went out this a.m.

Joyce

I'll let you know when they get here as well. :D

Jessica, I have 5 done and will make 5 more this weekend. Mine are 8 inch. I'll PM you for your addy when I am done. Probably will mail Monday or Tuesday. :hug

Awesome. I am glad you found the blue too. :D

I got a bunch of squares from Texasredhead today. Thanks so much for the extra skein of yarn too! With the squares Sissie is sending I should be done with the 8" squares too.

Now just to get the school to answer me back. They are mad at me since I am fighting for my son to go to resource. I brought in a pretty official letter from his doctor telling them he needs resource at least 2 times a week and the princepal comes up to me & interrupts the convo I was having with the nurse about my other son & rudely blurts out 'your son is getting rsp classes we had to redo the whole schedule for you.' Then I got an attitude from his psych doctor cuz she wont even fancy the notion the boy is autistic & I told her I was getting a second opinion. She asked me questions then stated she did not care any longer. I swear the psych doctor & the school are in cahoots together. If it was legal to smack them I think I might. Despite what the school did to my exhusband when he was a kid I went in with an open mind in hope things had changed and they obviously haven't. Sorry for the rant. Just wanted to keep you all updated as to what is going on & why I get road blocks. Obviously this school cannot handle a parent fighting for my kids right to an education no matter what kind it maybe.

It's an uphill battle...but that is what a mom's job is!!! I had to fight our schools too with my daughter having dyslexia...but I WON!!! So, keep it up. They are required to give your son services especially if he is certified as being autisic....it just costs them $$$$$$$$$$$$ and that is why they have to fight tooth and nail to keep him out of special Ed. He still has to qualify for Resource and maybe that is not the place for him if he is smart. Many kids with autism can do quite well in a regular classroom with some accommodations and maybe an assistant. I used to be an assistant for several boys with autism and they did very well in regular classes. Resource can hold your son back so don't go into it unless he really needs it. The school can accommodate him by giving him less homework, and possibly extra help from the resource department. Don't let the school intimate you....find out what your rites are!!! GO MOM!!!!!! :hug

IMPORTANT UPDATE

After many attempts at trying to get anything from anyone at my sons school I have all but given up. I also found out I need some sort or permit to raffle blankets off in front of any store in town. I have decided that if I do not get an answer in a weeks time (friday October 17) I will consider it as them no longer needing help in raising money for the 5th grade camp. I will then donate blankets or squares (depends on what I have put together by then) to one of the charities on crochetville. If you donated any squares please let me now which charity you'd like me to consider. The 2 more requested ones will get one of the blankets each. THIS IS ONLY IF MY SONS SCHOOL DOES NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT RAFFLING THEM OFF.

I really appriciate such a quick response to this need. No one could hope for a better bunch of ladies then you at crochetville!

Oh, Jessica, I'm so sorry that you are getting the runaround and put through bureaucracy. I know that whichever charity here you select will be just perfect. I have no preferences. There are so many great causes here.

Joyce

Archived