It’s So Easy Going Green – 17” CPK

darski

It’s So Easy Going Green 17” CPK

green1c.jpggreen2c.jpg

This is another in my attempts to play up the fact that it is the day to day “hockey moms” who will make a difference in how our ecology efforts play out. Our little one is following in mom’s footsteps with her own market bag. Doesn’t she just look like mommy’s little helper, ready to go to market after a busy morning of housework?

5mm hook and medium WW yarn. Mine is a mill end so I can’t tell you more than that.

Row 1: ch 31,, 2 hdc in 2nd ch from hook and each chain across (60 hdc)

Rows 2-4: hdc in each hdc

Row 5: [hdc in 2, 2 hdc in next] across (80 hdc)

Row 6: [hdc in 3, 2 hdc in next] across. (100 hdc)

green3c.jpg

Divide sleeves out…

Row 7: hdc in 10, dc in 6, skip 18, dc in 6, hdc in 5 hdc dec, hdc in 6, hdc dec, hdc in 5 , dc in 6, skip 18, dc in 6, hdc in 10. ( 24 dc, 40 hdc)

Row 8: hdc in 16, hdc dec, hdc in 26, hdc dec, hdc in 16.

Row 9: [hdc in 6, hdc dec] twice, hdc in 28, [hdc dec, hdc in 6] twice.

Row 10: ch 2 (or 3) dc in same stitch, [dc in 3, 2dc in next] across, join with sl st to 1st dc.

Row 11: work a dc in every dc but work an extra dc between the increase stitches on the row before.

Row 12-17: Work evenly in dc. Break off and tidy all ends

green4c.jpg

Add buttons to the front after you have made the apron to get the placement correct.

Apron …

green7c.jpg

With White WW yarn and 5mm hook

Row 1: Chain 16, dc in 3rd ch from hook and in each chain across. (14dc)

Row 2: Work a row of dc or create some lacy look if you wish. ( I did… 2 dc, ch 1, tr Cross stitch,

Row 3: work evenly in dc.

Row 4: dc in 1, dc dec, dc in 2, dc dec, dc in 2, dc dec, dc in last.

Row 5-6: sc evenly

Row 7: 2 sc in 1st st, sc to last st, 2 sc in last st.

Row 8: sc evenly across.

Row 9: sc in 2, ch 2, sk 2 sc in 3, ch 2, sk 2 sc in 2. break off and tidy ends.

Ties… work some interesting bit at the ends of the ties but basically working with another green

Ch 40. sl st across the mid section of the apron and ch 40 again. Break off and tidy all ends.

Shopping bag…

green6c.jpg

With green cotton and 4 mm hook.

Ch 13,

Row 1: dc in 5th ch from hook, ch 1, sk 1, dc in next. when you get to the last ch, ch 1 an continue the mesh down the other side of your starting ch. join

Row 2: sc in every dc and ch 1 sp. Join.

Continue with rows of the ch 1/dc mesh and the sc so that you have 4 of each. Continue to strap without breaking off.

Ch 30 (strap) and attach at other side of bag with a sc and then sl st into next stitch. Sl st back along the ch 30 and secure cotton and tidy away ends.

Kerchief…

green5c.jpg

With green (WW) cotton and 5mm hook..

Row 1: Ch 5, dc in 5th ch from hook.

*Ch 2, dc in same st* , repeat * * once,

Row 2: ch 2/dc in same st, ch 1, 2dc in next dc, [2dc, ch 2, 2dc] in ch 2 sp, 2dc in next dc, ch1, 2 dc in last st.

Row3: ch 2, dc in same st,, ch1, dc in next 2 dc, ch 1, dc in next 2 dc, [2dc, ch 2, 2dc] in ch 2 sp, ch 1, dc in next 2 dc, ch 1, dc in next dc, ch 1, dc in next, 2 dc in last.

Row 4-7: continue in the pattern established of 2 dc and ch 1 spaces with the [2dc, ch 2, 2dc] in ch 2 sp.

Ties: ch 5 and join to form a ring, ch 37 sc across the front edge of kerchief, ch 42 and join with sl stitch into 5ch ch from hook. Break off and tidy ends.

Shoes…

green8c.jpg

Brown WW and 4mm hook - I made these to be very stiff hence the 4mm hook.

Row 1: Ch 5, 3 hdc in 2nd ch from hook hdc in 2, 5 hdc in last ch,

Row 2: 2hdc in 3, hdc in 2, 2hdc in next 5, hdc in 3, 2hdc in last 2 sts. I can’t make these numbers work some how so I wrote what I actually did.

Row3: sc around the sole increasing as needed to keep the sole flat.

Row 4: turn sole good side down and work fpsc in every stitch

Row 5: work around in hdc but work one decrease on each side of the heel area.

Row 6: work in hdc with 1 decrease in the mid section on each side.

Row 7: work in hdc with 1 decrease on each side near the front.

Row 8: hdc around working 4 decreases at the front. Break off and tidy all ends.

I made panties to go under this dress and I will post the pattern for them another time. They really are just to cover the diaper and are not really a part of this pattern.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2008

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

• 2 weeks later...

Great for St Patrick's Day! :yes My daughter has three of the original dolls, but as she's 27 doesn't play with them much any more! :lol And I only have grandsons! still might have to crochet them anyway! :D

• 1 month later...

Hi there, I must say you are so talented just love the cpk outfits and of course Dora......my 19month old grandaughter just loves her...................I am Kim from Timmins Ontario Canada

Hi there, I must say you are so talented just love the cpk outfits and of course Dora......my 19month old grandaughter just loves her...................I am Kim from Timmins Ontario Canada

Another one from Ontario. nice to have you stop by and visit.

I went to Timmins once. I like the place but it was a long ways away.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 years later...

Archived