Who's in the UK?

moggy

I have done a thread search to see if there is one which groups the UK lot together but nothing comes up so I apologise if this has already been done!

Who lives in the UK? It would be nice to know who is around in the country!

I am down in the South East corner near Dover. I'm 33 and have been crocheting in earnest for about a year now. I had been taught as a kid but never picked it up. I mainly do thread work but do do a blankie every now and again.

How about you??

Hi Moggy,

I'm in Harlow, Essex too! I'm 38 and have been crocheting for nearly 12 years. I'm American and have been in the UK for just over 7 years now. I'll crochet most anything but rarely use thread and can never finish crocheting toys when I start them....must to my DS disappointment as he's still waiting for me to finish his teddy bear from 3 years ago. :lol

Tracy.....finally another crocheter in Harlow!!! How long have you been here?

Hi Jen.

We have been living in the UK for just over 6 years, originally from South Africa. We have only been in Harlow to live since the end of August. :D Decided the second last week of the school holidays to move here as we had to move out of our house, so staying with mom for now. Now I know who I can ask where the best places to buy yarn are. :devil

I do believe there was a thread similar to this, but we're talking 2+ years (at LEAST), so I don't think it's a problem bringing it up again NOW! :D

I'm way up north, in Sunderland. Like CraftyJen, I'm an American ex-pat too. I've been living here for the past 5 years.

I'm 32, and have been crocheting since I was 7. I learned to knit when I was 9, but I've never taken to it the way I did with crochet.

I mainly work with yarn, though I DO do threadwork occasionally. It's more of a pain in the bum, so I take the easy way out. :hook

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Moggy,

I'm 22, currently living in London, studying at University College (chemical engineering degree, in my 3rd yr). I also come from SA, I lived in Durban for 17 years. I taught myself how to crochet two years ago, loved it ever since. I'm currently working on a scarf/wrap for my mum. I haven't got the hang of thread crochet yet, but I do want to try, there are so many gorgeous patterns out there!

Nice to see some more UK people!! Hello :hi How are you all?? I would ask how your weather is but I probably know looking at the news with all of this white stuff around :snow

Angeltears - I went to UCL too - '93 - '96 Pharmacology - I loved it up there - wish I'd worked harder but at least I had a great time!!!:blush

Archived