Happy Fall Y'all!!!

amhmsh

Well, here in Florida it is still:sun and horribly :hot. But I still think of September as marking the beginning of :autumnfall. I have seen on the weather that some of our most northern states are already enjoying some slightly lower temps. (wish I was there:lol)

I did a "little" decorating this morning with a few items i "wipped" up the last couple of weeks. I hope you all enjoy!!

Virginia2008vacation023-1.jpg

Oh that looks great. Your little girl looks like she is ready to go to the County fair with her big pumpkin.:jack

Oh how I miss the fall up north and the turning of the leaves.:autumn As kids we use to rake them into piles and jump in them. We could enterain oursleves all day this way. Hmmmmm :scrachinnow that I think on it, maybe we were a little simple.

Oh that looks great. Your little girl looks like she is ready to go to the County fair with her big pumpkin.:jack

Oh how I miss the fall up north and the turning of the leaves.:autumn As kids we use to rake them into piles and jump in them. We could enterain oursleves all day this way. Hmmmmm :scrachinnow that I think on it, maybe we were a little simple.

Nope! There was nothing like a day jumping in the leaves. Or, in winter, making snow angels, sledding, making forts :) On the downside to that, it was pretty dang cold and I don't like the cold :lol

Oh, man!!! I had forgotten about the leaf jumping thing!! That was always so much fun. We used to go on Hay Rides too..........

It is the simple things in life we enjoy most............falling leaves on a clear Autumn day, a gully washer thunderstorm in the middle of Summer, a clear crisp not a cloud in the sky November day. Christmas and winter with no snow!! lol!!!

This is a pumpkin pattern I was gifted my FGM:D

I so miss the turning of the leaves, too. And raking them and jumping in the pile. That was one of the things I looked forward to the most, in the fall. Getting a pumpkin, going to the pumpkin patch, apples.... Just going for a drive to look at the colors of the leaves. I agree, it is the simple things that make life so enjoyable.

I love your little scarecrow girl and pumpkin. Thanks so much for sharing. :manyheart

Tina

That is absolutely precious, great job!

Funny you Floridians talking about the changing of the seasons....I've lived in Calif most of my life, where seasons are almost nonexistent. Now (ahem) fast forward several decades, I moved to Oregon a couple of years ago and can't get used to the seasons changing. As I type this on Sept 15 it is 99 degrees, and I know a month from now it will be 49, or probably colder. And what's up with that cold white stuff in the winter ?! :lol

Archived