champygirl

The Cheerful Mushroom Applique/Fridgie

post-11825-135897400462_thumb.jpg

Copyright to champygirl September 12, 2008

Materials:
Worsted Weight Yarn in: Red, Aran, White, pink and black
Size F hook
Yarn Needle

Finish Size: 5 inches H x 5 inches W (at its widest)

Notes:

If making fridgie you will need Magnets and glue.

If making Applique make sure you leave long tails on the cap and stem for sewing.

Directions:

Red Cap:

Row 1: With Red ch4, join with sl st to first chain to form ring.
Row 2: Ch3, 8 dc in ring, ch2 and turn. (9 dc counting ch3)
Row 3: 2 dc in each of the next 9 sts, ch2 and turn. (18 dc, do not count ch2 and do not work into ch2)
Row 4: 2 dc in first st, 1 dc in next st, [2 dc in next st, 1 dc in next st] Do this 8 times, ch2 and turn. (27 dc)
Row 5: 2 dc in first st, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, [2 dc in next st, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts] Do this 8 times. (36 dc)
Finish off.

Stem:

Row 1: With Aran ch11, 1 sc in 2nd chain from hook, 1 sc in each of the remaining 9 sts, ch1 and turn. (10sc)
Row 2: Sc decrease first 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 6 sts, sc decrease last 2 sts together, ch1 and turn. (8sc)
Row 3: 1 sc in each st across, ch1 and turn. (8sc)
Row 4: Sc decrease first 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts, sc decrease last 2 sts together, ch1 and turn. (6sc)
Row 5: 1 sc in each st across, ch1 and turn. (6sc)
Row 6: Sc decrease first 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, sc decrease last 2 sts together, ch1 and turn. (4sc)
Row 7: 1 sc in each st across, ch1 and turn. (4sc)
Row 8: Sc decrease first 2 sts together, decrease last 2 sts together, ch1 and turn. (2sc)
Row 9: 1 sc in first st, 2 sc in next st, Work 1 sc in each of the row ends, 3 sc in first free loop (from starting chain), 1 sc in each of the next 8 freeloops, 3 sc in next free loop, 1 sc in each of the row ends, 1 sc in same st as first sc.
Finish off.

With Red yarn sew stem to cap, sewing the stem to the underside of the cap.

Dots: (Make 2)

Rnd 1: With white ch2, 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook, join with sl st to first sc. (6sc)
Rnd2: Ch1, 2sc in each st around, join with a sl st to first sc. (12sc)
Finish off leaving a long enough tail to sew dot to cap.

Half Dot: (Make 2)
Row 1: With white ch2, 3 sc in 2nd chain from hook, ch1 and turn. (3sc)
Row 2: 2 sc in each st across, (6sc)
Finish off leaving a long enough tail to sew half dot to cap.

Sew dots onto cap like in pic or however you would like.

Blush Dots: (Make 2)

Rnd 1: With Pink ch2, 5 sc in 2nd chain from hook, join with sl st to first sc. (5sc)
Finish off leaving a long enough tail for sewing onto stem.

With black embroider eyes.

Sew Blush dots on the bottom portion of stem, one on each side (like in pic).

With Black embroider mouth in between blush dots.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl September 12, 2008. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

Thank you thank you thank you. For getting it up there so quickly.

I whipped one up in a K hook, and its perfect for what I need. (Well I placed my dots differently, and did my face like the mario ones, but other than that, The basic mushroom is PERFECT!!!

Thanks!!!

• 2 years later...

Archived