Harry Potter & Hedwig

ChrisCrossCrafts

The pattern is Annie's Attic Fantasy Doorstops. I got from eBay here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290232949860

I had a heck of time with the pattern!! I had to read and the reread and then read it again for some things. I only did the body with two strands, my hands could not handle more. I added 6 extra rows in the legs. But the rest was pretty much the pattern. I changed the arms to add the gloves and then a band of skin and then the sleeve. Since I used a two liter bottle instead of the gallon jug (I could not get it to fit the jug to small in width) I stuffed around the base and pulled it up. Not sure if I added more rows on the body or not, as I was crocheting the bottle in with decreases then. I did the head like the tutorial I saw for the augumri (?) hair and then tied it on to give it the "messy" look instead of satin stitching it in.

I got the Hedwig pattern from Fran and her suggestion for the owlets. I loved it and it worked perfect. She is made with white baby lash. The scarf is 13 hdc worked in rows of 4 for the Gryffindor colors. I loved making this and I am getting ready to make Dumbledore soon, for the convention in Denver. Both him and Harry are to be auctioned off. If I get time will make Ron and Heromine. ( i can not spell i admit it!) :think

Archived