Stained Glass window Afghan.

hseger

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW!!!!! That is absolutely beautiful!!!!! I don't think I have the talent needed to make something like that. You should enter it in a fair or some contest. You may come away with a ribbon or two.

Absolutely stunning!!! :c9:manyheart That has to be my favorite afghan. I purchased that book just for that afghan. I've had a bit of trouble with finding green yarn because it was discontinued. After I got over that by finding a pretty good substitute, I started having problems with the pattern. My mother started making the squares for me and she had problems as well. She's finished one & started on another. She said she would make it big enough to fit my queen size bed. I suppose only time will tell. I love your afghan. You did a FABULOUS job!!! :cheer:clap

It isn't has hard as it looks. There are a lot of color changes and ends to weave in but it's not too bad.

I worked on all the squares at the same time. Doing row for row on each as I went. It was really better to do it that way for me. I was struggling to figure out some rows again by the time I got to the next square. :D Also they all came out the same size.

It took me about 3 1/2 months. Course I had done 2 squares then didn't touch it for a month or so of that. :lol

I love, love, love this afghan!

I made this one for my DH's Godmother and started making some squares for myself to frame and hang up but am thinking now I may just make another afghan instead.

This is the Stained glass window afghan from the 50 sensational afghans and throws pattern book. I really love this book. Lots more neat ones in there to try.

th_crochet425.jpg

Simply Sensational!!!

I had to buy this book just for this ghan. Waited til I had a 50% off coupon and raced to get it. Has anyone tried it with different color combos? Wonder if it would have the same impact? After I get through my other projects and Holiday stuff, I want to make it for me....

You certainly have made it look outstanding...:clap

Archived