Cuddlefish

My puzzleblanket

I was inspired by Becks' poncho from this thread: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=79513

to make this blanket. I couldn't (as I suspected) pull it off in Tunisian crochet, so I knitted it instead. Here it is:

puslespilstppemidtenudeqr4.jpg

I like it, but how do I make it stop curling up? It's a present, and I want it to lie flat, so I can give it away, without having to hand over my bed and the safety-pins along with it! :lol

puslespilstppemedblitzxk2.jpg

Thanks for looking, and to Becks for the idea. :hug

I'm not sure on how to stop the curling....maybe block it???

It's beautiful anyway! Great job!

I love it! The only idea for the curling other than the blocking that's been suggested is maybe doing the garter stitch for the border. The weight might cause it to lay flat.

What about the seed st border ? I really love the pattern. Do you figure it out by youself ?

Thank you for the suggestions! But the thing is, I already crocheted a quite heavy border around it, and if I make it wider, it'll start to look silly. It's too big to block. But maybe I can press the edges, or iron them? It's wool. Hmm.

As for the pattern, Becks drew a graph for it in her thread. See link in post #1.

Holy smokes!!!!!:clap I love :manyheart it!!

You did a terrific job!!!!

You even added corner pieces too! :cheer

The colors are wonderful!

How big is it? What size needles did you use?

As for the curling, I have found that doing the "basketweave" crochet stitch works great. (That's three front post double crochet, three back post double crochet, three front post double crochet, etc.)

This is so beautiful! It would make a great knitted scarf pattern too!

Thank you. :hug

I used 4 mm pins. It's for a child-size bed, about a meter on one side, and 1.20 or so on the other, I think. :)

I'll keep the basketweave stitch in mind. If nothing else works, I might have to redo the edge.

Wow very pretty love the colors. You are a great knitter. I don't think I could keep up with all the color changes.

That is incredible!!! Wonderful!!! I was going to suggest seed stitch for your border but I see you have already done a crochet border and it is still curling. Hmmmm - not sure what else to tell you.

super. i would rip out the last round of crochet on the edge and respace the stitchesm, or if impossible to respace them, every now and again do a decrease to tighten up the edge...it is probably that there are too many of them causing the "ripple" effect of curl. P.S., it is gorgeous and you did a fabulous job. DId you make your own chart?

super. i would rip out the last round of crochet on the edge and respace the stitchesm, or if impossible to respace them, every now and again do a decrease to tighten up the edge...it is probably that there are too many of them causing the "ripple" effect of curl. P.S., it is gorgeous and you did a fabulous job. DId you make your own chart?

Thank you! But the problem is that it folds in on itself, not that the edge ripples. But thanks for the suggestion. :)

I saw Becks' chart, and made one for my project with more stitches in each square.

That is a very beautiful blanket.

I would go with the basket weave around the edges to keep it from curling.

Other wise, I would think blocking might take care of it.

That is one amazing blanket.:knit

Amazing!!!!!!

Since it's knit anyway, you might try picking up stitches on each side and knitting a garter stitch border.

That looks amazing!