Crochet for everyone!

The other day we had family over to hang out and swim. My oldest nephew andd my older daughter were playing when she brought up crocheting. He asked her to teach him and one thing led to another and he asked me if he could go through my stash and pick something out.

Then yesterday, they came back over and his mom tells me that he is really loving it and getting alot of his secret project done (it's a scarf for her).

I just think it's so cool that my daughter taught her cousin to crochet.

That is soooo cool!!! You must be proud of them both! That's one way to keep crocheting in the family!

I think that rocks! It's refreshing to see boys that are interested in fiber crafts and it's an exciting and fun skill that he can actually use! Add that to your daughter being the one that's helping him to learn, and that calls for applause!

That is so cool! My 12yo dd wants me to teach her. She wanted to learn xstitch, but has no patience for it (she's tried for 3 years now and finally gave that up). I think she'd do just fine. Her scout troop wants me to come and teach them how to make scarves. I think I'll do that when they start back up in the fall.

I can see my now 7yo ds wanting to learn in a year or so as he loves to sit beside me and watch me stitch.

Tell your dd CONGRATs!

:hook

I think boys/men that crochet are so neat. My brother crochets even though he lost 2 fingers on his hook hand from a job accident. It hasn't slowed him down, he just found a new way to hold his hook.

He told me he doesn't do as much as he used to but sometimes picks it up. He works nights so that might have something to do with it. I do know he's made some gorgeous afghans.

:frog

I male friend of mine always watches what I'm doing so intently when I'm crocheting, I think it's only a matter of time before he asks me to show him how! :hook

Even my partner (who doesn't mind if I crochet but is 110% against doing it himself) has ended up making little chain stiches on my project when he comes over for a hug. Mind you, he does it one-handed, and in the most awkward way - and when I try and show him how to do it, he stops and says "You are not teaching me to crochet, hun"

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to him for picking it up & your DD for teaching!

I think everyone should try to teach a boy to crochet!

Even if they never make anything more than potholders and/or scarves -

I think it should be required!!!

Archived