Swing Needles

PBLKNP

I took a look and would have to agree....they look like wooden dpns with a ball at the end....no big deal. The "gimmick" on how to use them too, could be used with regular dpns. I wouldn't spend the money unless I wanted some wooden dpns and thought they were reasonably priced.

• 3 months later...

It is a knit version of "crochenit", the double-ended crochet hooks. I have done several things with crochenit. Interesting. I think it would make a very bulky fabric though (by my logic and from what crochenit looks like).

I feel very stupid but I'm not visualizing these instructions:

Option #1 (horizontal rib)

The easiest way to use your swing needles is to knit every row. After casting on with one of the balls follow like this:

• First row: Knit with ball #1. Remove stopper and place on the opposite end. Do not turn your work.

• Second row: With ball #2. Knit, beginning at the same place you began with row #1. At the end of the row turn and start again with ball #1 as in row #1.

• Continue with these two rows.

Help my poor brain. You begin with the yarn (ball #1) to the right of your CO row. You knit across and now it is at the left of your CO row. You move the stopper to the opposite end, which must be the right of the needle but you don't turn your work. Then how do you knit with the second ball of yarn beginning at the same place you began row #1 without turning, since it is on the left of the needle and the stopper is on the right?

I'm missing something here and I don't know what it is. The "don't turn" directions sound a lot like I-cord but the yarn won't be stretched across a whole scarf on the back side. Besides that's not what it tells you to do anyway.

Archived