A Little Piggy Pattern (Now with pics)

champygirl

I was working on some wrist purses for my sister and got bored, so I decided to fiddle with some yarn:crocheting and I came up with this little piggy. :pig Enjoy the pattern. :hook

A Little Piggy Pattern

post-11825-13589740043_thumb.jpg

Copyright to champygirl September 10, 2008

Materials:
Worsted Weight Yarn in pink (I used Redheart Supersaver yarn)
Size E hook
Polyfil (stuffing)
Yarn needle
Permanent Marker (non toxic)

Finish Size: 1 ½”h x 1 ½”w The piggy is 3 ½” in length counting the tail.

Different Stitches:

Picot- Ch2, sc in 2nd chain from hook.

Hdc Popcorn St- 5 hdc in next st, take hook out of loop. Place hook into loops of first hdc made and then back in prior loop. Pull loop through loops of first hdc and ch 1.

Notes:

When doing my sc decreases, sometimes I do them in the front loops only. It helps minimize the hole sometimes left when decreasing.

Sometimes when I’m working in back loops only, I like to go in both back loops. Diagram: Here
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/Pattern%20diagrams/diagramcn.jpg

Directions:

Rnd 1: Ch2 leaving a long tail to crochet over. 7 sc in 2nd chain from hook crochet over tail. Join with sl st to first sc. (7sc)
Pull tail taut to close hole.

Rnd 2: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining but only in the back loop. 1 sc in each of the next 6 sts back loops only, join with a sl st to first sc. (7sc)

Rnd 3: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 6 sts, join with a slst to first sc. (7sc)

Rnd 4: Ch1, 2 sc in same st as joining and 2 sc in each of the next 6 sts, join with a sl st to first sc. (14sc)

Rnd 5: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining amd 1 sc in each of the next 13 sts. Join with a sl st to first sc. (14sc)

Rnd 6: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 5 sts. Sl st in next st, picot, 1 sc in same st as sl st.. 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts. 1 sc in next st, picot, sl st in same st as sc. 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts, join with a sl st to first sc. (14sc, do not count sl sts and picots) The picots will be your piggy’s ears.

Rnd 7: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in next st, Hdc Popcorn St in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, skip sl st and picot, 1 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, skip picot and sl st, 1 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, Hdc Popcorn St in next st, join with a sl st to first sc. (12sc, 2 Hdc Popcorn Sts) When sc(ing) around picots make sure the picots are on the outside (pointed out) of the pig. The Hdc Popcorns Sts are the piggies feet.

Rnd 8: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 13 sts, join with a sl st to first sc. (14sc)

Rnd 9&10: Repeat Rnd 8 for Rnds 9 and 10. (14sc)

Rnd 11: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in next st, Hdc Popcorn St in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 10 sts, Hdc Popcorn st in next st, Join with a sl st to first sc. (12sc, 2 Hdc Popcorn Sts)

Rnd 12: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 13 sts, join with a sl st to first sc. (14sc)

Rnd 13: Ch1, Sc decrease first 2 sts together, [sc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this 6 times. Sl st in next st.

Finish off leaving a very long tail. With yarn needle weave tail in and out of sts of Rnd 13, pull tail taut to close hole(opening). Finish off again leaving the tail still very long.

Tail: With yarn needle pull tail out the hole you just closed, put hook into one of the side sts of Rnd 13, yarn over and pull up a loop. Ch12, finish off leaving the tail long. With needle weave tail into chains skipping every other chain. Pull tail taut to scrunch up tail and this will cause the tail to curl to the side a little. Sl st in the other side st on Rnd 13. Finish off and weave in end.

With permanent marker make two dots on the nose for a snout and 2 dots on the head for eyes. I darken the bottom of the feet (Hdc Popcorn Sts) a little to make them look more like hooves.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl September 10, 2008. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

post-11825-135897400434_thumb.jpg

here's what happened when i followed champygirl's pattern :manyheart

th_piggie1.jpg

the tiniest, cutiest, sausage-y looking piggie emerged :D

th_piggie2.jpg

he is waaaaay too small for the eyeballs i have.

th_piggie3.jpg

the snout is kinda goofty cuz i bumped the marker over a stitch that wouldnt be marked in certain places lol

and his tail is kinda beginnerish cuz i guess you need some finesse for weaving a perfect curl into a pig tail :P

but he is the cute! :manyheart

thanks champygirl for sharing the pattern!

Thank you lilmari!!!!:hug:yes Your piggy looks just like my piggy :yes and I like the green.:manyheart The tail on my piggy looks more scrunch up sorta looks like a scrunchie and and curls to the side, so it looks pretty close to yours.:yes I'll add that to the pattern that the tail will look scrunched up more than curly. Thanks again.:yes:yay:cheer:clap:D:hook

Archived