Nosegay afghan squares - progress ****DONE!****

missmaxx

That is pretty! Were they hard to make ?

~ Susan

Hi Susan,

Thanks. No, I wouldn't say they are hard to make. It does take a lot of time and I've modified the original pattern by using embroidery floss for the flowers and leaves instead of trying to seperate strands of WW yarn. So far I'm very happy with the change- although it takes lots of floss! I substituted a piece of six strand floss for everywhere the pattern said use 1 ply of WW and doubled to 12 strands where it said use 2 ply yarn.

So time-wise I made 35 basic blocks, 18 of those got an added picot circle. The ones with the picot circle are the ones that get decorated with flowers and leaves. Attaching them takes time. I'm doing my best to not have the threads visible on the back so I'm not rushing, and I'm still working on the flowers that were missing from the instructions. I ran out of floss so I'll be making a trip to the craft store tomorrow - I need 5 more rosebuds. Then the floweres will REALLY be done. I'll finish assembling the flower squares then they'll all need sewn together and the border is several rounds with a chain of peach/green woven through one of the rounds. LOL! So no it's not hard but a little time intensive. :lol

I'll get my camera next and add a pic for this week. As you can see I need to add flowers to eight more of the picot squares.

th_DSCN0002-2.jpg Click me!

WOWZA!

Great job, Cosmo!

I knew that :mdust:mdust:2magic would come in handy!

Good luck on the costumes!

Fondly,

:mdust:mdust:mdustWanda:mdust:mdust:mdust

PS - :flake 4003 winging its way across the Pacific as of today!

Cheers,

Thanks everyone for your kind words about Gram's afghan. It was fun to make, but a lot of work. This is only the second afghan I've ever made. I guess I'm more the "instant" gratification type! :lol It will match her new decor perfectly. (She's had some serious health issues lately so we encouraged her to redecorate her room to give her something else to spend time on - of course she didn't have to do the work! - just plan and choose colors, etc.) We had the painting finished and the furniture changes done before she got home from a mini-vacation last month. I'm not going to make her wait till Christmas for the afghan.

Wanda, Thank you for sending 4003 my way. I'll be watching for the mailman with my:wbrr on.

:fire regards,

:mdust:mdust:mdust Cosmo :mdust:mdust:mdust

Archived