What's a good project for a Beginer?

gavinsmom

I want to try something with thread. After seeing all the beautiful things u have made I would love to give it a shot. I bought some size 10 thread. Should I have gotten thicker?? I have a hook that I got from b4 thats a US 00, 3.50 mm. I don't even remember buying the hook but I have it :lol any tips/hints/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

How about bookmarkers? flowers? There are some easy projects that you can find online. I usually use a size 7 steel hook for my size 10 thread. The biggest size I've used so far is a size 2 hook. Try searching at crochetpatterncentral.com under bookmarks and flowers. Good luck!

A size 0 is just fine, just remember that most thread patterns are written for a smaller hook, so whatever you do will be quite a bit bigger. I actually prefer the 0 to the recommended 5 or 7 for no 10 thread but that is me. I am working on an edging right now for my daughter's dress and it was 667 chain with the 0. I can't imagine how long it would have been with a 5 or 7. Go for a bookmark, like the star bookmark. It was really easy and looked really good and it wouldn't matter if it was a bit bigger.

Coasters would be a good start, if you can find miniature doily patterns.

I'm sure there are some good ones at Crochet Pattern Central, they have fabulous patterns.

One of my first thread projects was a doily set I made out of motifs and gave to my grandmother. I was only around 10 at the time.

:frog

my first thread projects were bookmarks-and

i also used a steel 7 crochet hook-

you need to practice alittle with thread bcz it is so thin-

I think the best beginner project is something that you really want to have -- that way, you'll be motivated to finish it. It doesn't matter how hard it is -- I think most people can eventually figure out how to crochet most things -- what matters is that you are excited about it and want to have the finished project!

Archived