T is for Tim

cajunwhacko

I finally sat down and did the last few rows on the first T for FDSS Tim's pillow. I only had to frog it a few times because of stupid mistakes on my part, the pattern was great.

I've been working on it sitting in front of the computer (good grief, I just typed "I've been sitting on it working in front of the computer"), and I just printed the pattern out so I can do the other half and get it put together.

I have two skeins of the yarn I used (it's some old yarn my grandma gave me, it says something about 100% Dupont Orlon, but there are stickers over it - one of which is a Sale sticker with a price of 74 cents lol, the color is Royal Blue), but unfortunately there isn't enough in the first skein to do the whole thing, and the two are noticably different dye lots. So, I'm doing what any rational person does - lol. I'm winding up the rest of the first skein into a nice cake, and I'll make the other side out of the other skein. Then I'm going to use some light blue yarn to join them. I'd love to see the person who tries to fold a pillow in half to match the dye lots (but I wouldn't put it past my FBIL! lol)

Anyway, I've rambled to much, here it is! I will, of course, post a pic when I've finished it.

th_lettert.jpg

BTW, I just checked your blog Kimberly, and I was beyond thrilled when I realized you're working on the last letters I need to finish my Michelle wall hanging for my dear niece (who is officially 5 days late now, and giving no signs of giving in!) :hook Your skill and patterns amaze me, I kowtow at your feet. :nworthy

Love the colors. I am so glad that my patterns are getting a workout. Now if I could just get off my behind and get working on some more patterns. Been so hot here I haven't been motivated to do a whole lot...although I did get two pairs of socks completed these past weekend. But I digress.....hopefully I will get those needed letters comepleted soon :)

The way it's going I feel like you could take all summer to get them done, and you'd still beat Michelle getting here... I'm sure my SIL feels the same way!

Definitely no rush though, I have five more future step kids to do pillows for, and you already have all of their letters done :D

Hope the weather cools down for you! It's been pushing 90 here for days (weeks?), and I've been hot anyway since my Memorial Day asthma attack :sweat

And living down here, I know all I have to look forward to is months of :hot

Oh it was just horrible here today. I was trying to mow the grass and a storm came up. I was actually jogging with the mower (not smart I know) to get it done before the rain hit. I did it, but whew...I came in the house and as the rain started to pour from the sky and couldn't breath. I nearly started to panic. The kids haven't seen me have an asthma attack as I haven't had one for years. I tell you....it was scary but I got it under control thank goodness.

Wow....6 step kids? You beat me by one....but then again who knows we are hoping for more in our future so...perhaps we will be tied soon :devil

The way it's going I feel like you could take all summer to get them done, and you'd still beat Michelle getting here... I'm sure my SIL feels the same way!

Definitely no rush though, I have five more future step kids to do pillows for, and you already have all of their letters done :D

Hope the weather cools down for you! It's been pushing 90 here for days (weeks?), and I've been hot anyway since my Memorial Day asthma attack :sweat

And living down here, I know all I have to look forward to is months of :hot

Oh it was just horrible here today. I was trying to mow the grass and a storm came up. I was actually jogging with the mower (not smart I know) to get it done before the rain hit. I did it, but whew...I came in the house and as the rain started to pour from the sky and couldn't breath. I nearly started to panic. The kids haven't seen me have an asthma attack as I haven't had one for years. I tell you....it was scary but I got it under control thank goodness.

Wow....6 step kids? You beat me by one....but then again who knows we are hoping for more in our future so...perhaps we will be tied soon :devil

Oh no, gotta be careful with the asthma and humidity! I'm glad you got it under control though!

As for the 6 step kids... we beat you by one boy lol. Jack, 11, Kat, 10, Dave, 8 next month, Tim, 6 on the 20th, Evan, 4, and Ally, 2. There are definitely more in our future too, so we'll see how the tie breaker goes :lol

Archived