I'm coming to Arizona - any one want to meet up?

auntbubbels

:hugGlad to hear that you made it here SAFE!:eekwhat a ordeal to fly!Glad that they atleast gave you some wine to have that had to help!:lolIf you knew you were staying in miami you could have met someone from down there!Tampadoll did say that she wanted someone to stop and pick her up! she had the opt just didnt know it!:lolHope they gave you fancy hotel for the night!

:claplooking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow:clap

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:welcome Gald to hear you finally made it safe and sound. :clap What a story you will have to tell. I can't wait to get to meet everybody. :ghug I packed up the camera :photo and my crochet bag :crocheting:yarn, gassed up the car :drive and I am ready to go! Looking forward to talking with everyone :blah and of course going shopping too. :shop Now to just stay clam :hyper and wait for tomorrow to come. See you then!!!! :yay

Just got home from my gruelling classes ( 2 chinese classes on saturday 10-12 then 2-4...) I am so ready to have some fun!!

Janet- sorry you had such a hassle with the flight here - but glad you got here in the end!

can't wait to meet you all tomorrow!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

Fiona

Nope, not gassed up, not ready, haven't shaved, nor done any of those things that mean 'party!'

In honor of our meeting, though, I think I'll slap some fresh duct tape on the car. So we don't look quite so much like hicks from the boonies. :lol

See ya'll manana (sorry, no tilde, but you know what I mean)!

Patty

Had anyone called and warned Red Lobster that you all are coming?:eek

I will be thinking of you guys when you are there. I know you will have a great time.:yay

DesertCrocheter - your duct tape comment cracked me up.:rofl

DesertCrocheter - your duct tape comment cracked me up.:rofl

Doll, I was driving to San Diego for vacation in late March, and when I got near Gila Bend, the only town between here and Yuma, AZ, at the border with California, the weatherstripping on the front windshield came flying up. So I slapped some duct tape on it and drove to the Westin in San Diego with duct tape on my car. Every morning I'd give the valet my keys and say "It's the shabby chic Civic." My mechanic wants $200 to put a little strip of weatherstripping on it. That money can buy a whole lot of yarn, so I'm just waiting for the window to crack instead.

I must say, my poor little car was relieved to return to Tucson in April. We didn't see another car with duct tape or red tape over a broken tail light or anything like that in San Diego, but as soon as we pulled into Tucson, we saw lots of cars like that. Now we don't stick out like a sore thumb.

Yup, shabby chic, you read that right. What's the incentive to replace a wonderful little car that has driven, multiple times, from California to Florida, from AZ to New Jersey to Wyoming and many points in between, still gets 44 mpg on the highway (28 in the city), and is paid off completely? None that I find compelling enough.

BTW, the car's name is Percy. As in Sir Percy Blakeney, the Scarlet Pimpernel. He has the soul of a swashbuckler hidden under a peeling gray sedan facade.

I love that car. Patty

Patty give Percy a hug for me as I know he will bring you safely to us today. I am so excited. I hardly slept a wink. You will alll know me by the crochet heart bag Cluless (Carol) made me that I now use for a purse. I will also be sporting my Crochetville bag Mary Jo made for me. Look out Red Lobster... Here we come!

Oh does anyone know what else they have on the menu besides seafood? I'm alergic.

Feel free to park Percy next to my Honda CRV. Its name is CRV..... pronounced serve... as he serves me quite well. I love that car. He may be only a few years old and his window is cracked but that car has taken me through think and thin back and forth to Tuscon and to the Grande Canyon and wherever I have asked him to with no complaints and decent gas milage for a SUV. You will know him because his plate starts with 777. He is my baby.

I will be bringing my camera and my bag lady tote gifted to be by the lovely Tampa Doll. Just listen for Toby Keith music coming into the parking lot gee could that be me and Craziebunny could be or if nothing else look for the gold explorer with two crazy women in it maybe that would be easier to spot. Oh and btw I look nothing like my avatar picture. :)

Nope, not gassed up, not ready, haven't shaved, nor done any of those things that mean 'party!'

In honor of our meeting, though, I think I'll slap some fresh duct tape on the car. So we don't look quite so much like hicks from the boonies. :lol

See ya'll manana (sorry, no tilde, but you know what I mean)!

Patty

:eekif I shaved I would be a bare bunny :lolnow that would be a site :lol

Feel free to park Percy next to my Honda CRV. Its name is CRV..... pronounced serve... as he serves me quite well. I love that car. He may be only a few years old and his window is cracked but that car has taken me through think and thin back and forth to Tuscon and to the Grande Canyon and wherever I have asked him to with no complaints and decent gas milage for a SUV. You will know him because his plate starts with 777. He is my baby.

I love my little explorer to hes paid for and gets me here there and everywhere even to craziebunny's house today my plate is for my true love my bengal cat so the plate is bnglcat

Is it 1 p.m. yet? I tried to make a reservation but they don't take any, so lets just meet and then go in. If its too hot out, I will be inside waiting!!! I am a delicate flower and can't stand out in the sun for too long :lol:lol

I will have white shorts on and I haven't decided what color top I am wearing yet.

I am going to the pool soon, see you all soon :hug:hug

Is it 1 p.m. yet? I tried to make a reservation but they don't take any, so lets just meet and then go in. If its too hot out, I will be inside waiting!!! I am a delicate flower and can't stand out in the sun for too long :lol:lol

I will have white shorts on and I haven't decided what color top I am wearing yet.

I am going to the pool soon, see you all soon :hug:hug

I know Im ready to go to can we just go now... nah Ill be good and wait I have white capri's on and a lt blue bebe top on blond hair

Archived