I'm coming to Arizona - any one want to meet up?

auntbubbels

I cant wait. I have to work during the week so Sunday is perfect for me. I know where both Fiber factory and Tempe yarn and fiber are so either is fine with me. Anywhere wew meet would be great. I will be watching this thread for updates. Hope to meet you all very soon. :hug

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are going to meet on Sunday, say around 1ish.

I am getting the name/address of the restaurant from my sister. There is a Joann's right there too. This will be a treat for me since I don't have any yarn stores in my neighborhood and I get to meet all of you!!!

Can't wait :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

OK, does Sunday - September 21st at 1 p.m. work for everyone? We will meet at

Red Lobster

7921 W Bell Road

have brunch, talk our ears off and then walk over to

Joann's at

8195 W Bell Road

So far its Crochetluvknot (Dawn)

DesertCrocheter (Patty)

Wiz3283 (Tammy)

Betty Goldberg?

mumbles17 (Fiona)

and me auntbubbels (Janet)

I will send everyone my cell phone number in a PM

I can't wait :cheer:cheer:cheer

Sounds super easy. And I just checked out the menu and there are some low-carb options for me. Yes (hanging head in sadness), I am on the first diet of my life, ever. :( Day 3 of the South Beach Diet. Go me!

I've been on a yarn diet, too, because I have so much in my stash. I haven't been to Joann's in months.

An orgy of goodness all around!

Oh, and be prepared, I'm one of those crazies who loves to take photos.

Patty

I am, Tammy. Are you here in Tucson? Do you want to car pool?

That is, if someone will tell me is the Red Lobster is in Phx, Tempe, Mesa, Gilbert, or where, so I can get directions off of Google. Thanks!

Patty

I actually live in Maricopa which is about 1/2 way between Phoenix and Casa Grande. I thought I would have a long drive but yours is going to be at least 2 1/2 hours. Easy to get to just a long drive.

Should we pick a different place? I thought you were close to Peoria so I just went for it.

You can work it out with mumbles17 (Fiona) because I don't have a clue. Either way, I may be able to get my sister to drive me but will need help in getting back. Can I call a car service to pick me up?

Don't worry about it, Janet. The only place between here and there is Eloy/Coolidge, and I just surveyed through there and believe me, there is no place to eat there! It'll all be freeway driving, so it's really only half a dozen turns or so.

Ikea is having a sale, so I'm tempted to stop by there on my way home, with the excuse of, "Oh, well, as long as I'm up here..."

Yea, your reckoning of driveable distances changes when you move out here. I grew up 9 mi from NYC, but now the 120 miles between Phx and Tucson seems normal. I'm down in Sierra Vista, teaching, one a week, and that's 80 miles one way.

My Civic may be old, but it gets 44 mpg on the highway!

Patty

Red Lobster sounds great. I go to this JoAnn's periodically as well as my local yarn stores. Lots of wonderful yarns.

If we don't have to rush to San Francisco, I'll be there. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.

Betty G.

If any one wants to carpool or needs to make a pit stop at my house its open to any one Im at the 51 and greenway but can make arrangements to pick up or what ever if needed. Patty if you poop out from driving in from Tucson you can always stop at my house and I can drive the rest of the way out.

I am all packed and ready to go. I have a carry on bag that has lots of room and I also packed an extra bag for all the yarn I plan on buying :eek

Remember, I don't have any stores where I live - boo hoo

And my sister is taking me to a bead store - so it sounds like I am coming to Arizona to shop!!!!!!!!!

I am SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer:yay:yay

I can't wait to meet everyone and I thank you in advance for going out of your way so we can all get together.

something weird happened and I posted twice.

I am flying first class tomorrow so I plan on having a fabulous time (using my points from credit card), although I don't like flying by myself but I will have to get over that - well maybe a few glasses of wine will make me relax more.

Archived