I'm coming to Arizona - any one want to meet up?

auntbubbels

I am going to visit my sister for a week - arrive on Sept 18th and depart on Sept 25th.

I will be landing in Phoenix and going to her home in Peoria.

DH is staying home so this is really an auntbubbels vacation.

I plan on meeting up with mumbles17 and was wondering if there was any interest in anyone else meeting us.

I met her last time I was there and we had a great time together.

If you are interested, let me know if a weekend or week day would be better. I will then work with mumbles17 and she can figure out a good place to meet.

:clap:clap:clap:cheer:cheer:cheer

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to meet up but I am up in the NW corner of the state and that's 4+ hours away. Boo!

I am going to visit my sister for a week - arrive on Sept 18th and depart on Sept 25th...........................

If you are interested, let me know if a weekend or week day would be better. I will then work with mumbles17 and she can figure out a good place to meet.

:clap:clap:clap:cheer:cheer:cheer

I'm down in Tucson, but depending on what day you choose, I may be able to get away. Let us know what day (and where) Fiona chooses, and I'll see what I can do with my schedule. It's kind of wacky as the one class I teach every semester is not a night class this year, but an afternoon class, and so I've had to re-arrange everything anyway.

It would be wonderful to meet up with ya'll! Patty

OH boo hoo since I dont have a working car at this time .. this would have been fun!! I'm right over in glendale next to peoria!!but atleast we are suppose to be getting some cooler weather only in lower 100's so it should be nice here!

Roberta - on my trip home, I have a 2 hour layover in Dallas!!!!!

Are you going to get off the plane?? When will that be??? I would meet you!!!! If I am free, and not working.....I would need flight number and time so I can be at the right terminal. DFW Airport is like its own CITY with many terminals!!!!!! Let me know!!!!

OH I would love to meet up with you ladies. I could do a Saturday or sunday if that would work for you. I am about an hour drive from Peoria but would love to drive up and meet everyone. I haven't even met any of the people that live in this state so this would be great. Let me know when and where and if there is any way I can get there I will.

Hi Auntbubbles,

I live in Sun City West which is not far from Peoria and would love to meet you.

I'm retired but very active and can work around by schedule.

Please let me know what day and time and I would be thrilled to me you and the other ladies who live in AZ.

Betty Goldberg, Sun City West, AZ.

Dear AuntBubbles, I tried to reply to your message but I noticed that it went on some other person's original message with my name as the originator.

I live in Sun City West and would love to meet you and the other ladies from AZ. Please let me know the date, time and where you are all meeting.

Thanks,

Betty Goldberg, Sun City West, AZ

Dear AuntBubbles, I tried to reply to your message but I noticed that it went on some other person's original message with my name as the originator.

I live in Sun City West and would love to meet you and the other ladies from AZ. Please let me know the date, time and where you are all meeting.

Thanks,

Betty Goldberg, Sun City West, AZ

No problem, this is really really going to be alot of fun

I would be comining up from Maricopa but I would be happy to car pool if anyone from the east side wanted to meet up and carpool together. As soon as we have a day and time we can work something out.

Thats a good idea Tammy I could carpool to if any one is in my area Im at 32nd st and greenway but can pick up any one in the area I get 3-4 people in my suv

woo hoo sounds like we are going to have a blast - saturday doesnt work for me - sorry ( I have classes at ASU and MCC for my mandarin chinese) , but I'm good any other day (need to check with Janet on her and her sister's schedule)...I know there is a really great yarn store in mesa, ( fiber factory - I took aunt bubbels there last trip ) and I know of another on University, right by ASU, you guys that are available let me know - can you meet up during the week, we could do lunch and then the yarn store....... or if it has to be sunday, the yarn store by ASU is open 12-6 sundy) think its called tempe yarn and fibre. I need to check with Janet and see when/if she is available - so let me know and I'll coordinate with janet

sounds like we'll have a lot of fun- Can't wait!!:cheer:clap:cheer

Fiona

I talked to my sister and as she is taking half days when I am there, so Sunday would be the best for me too.

Mumbles17 said she would come and pick me up but if someone else lives closer to where I will be, maybe I could hook up with you (listen to me, just inviting myself for a ride).

I will be on W. Thunderbird Road - now I don't know how big that is, so I can PM anyone with the address if you think you are close.

Where on N. Thunderbird will you be.? It's probably not that far from where I live.

I'm not very familiar with Tempe or Mesa as this is way over on the other side of town and I don't get to go. Maybe we can carpool if there are other ladies who live on the west side.

I'm going to my first ANG (American Needlepoint Seminar) in Indian Wells, CA and will be back on the 13th.

There is 1 yarn shop which is also a needlepoint/crossstitch store on Bell Rd. near El Mirage Ave. The other yarn/needlepoint shop is on 7th St. & Missouri.

Let me know what the final arrangements will be. This is going to be a blast.

Happy crocheting,

Betty G., Sun City West, AZ

I would love to come up and say hi but can't drive, UGH! I live in Vail (borders southeastern Tucson). Have a great trip!

If it's going to be a Sunday the 21, that would be perfect! No playing hooky from work or school for me, but I could still probably work around a weekday. Maybe. Hmm, I think I still have some sick days here, and surely this would be a great mental health day.

Keesha, if my schedule works with the selected day, I'd be happy to swing over to Vail and pick you up if if you'd like. It's really only about 1/2 an hour or 45 minutes from midtown, where I live, especially early in the morning, and then we'd just zoom up the freeway. Let me know if you're up to it when the day is firmly selected. That is, if you don't mind a ride in a car with the windshield held on by duct tape. (It flew off in April on my way to San Diego, and even though the windshield won't fall out without it there, my mechanics wanted $200 to slap a piece of weatherstripping there, which is ridiculous, so I'm just waiting for the windshield to need to be replaced instead. How cheap am I? That money could be much better spent on yarn!)

Patty

Archived