Sleepy Sheepies!

Elle

DH and I were invited to a birthday party this past weekend for the daughters of a friend of ours. Of course it was the end of the month and we were waiting for payday, so DH suggested that I make a couple of toys for the girls, who were going to be 2 and 1.

I chose the Harugurumi pattern of the sleepy sheep, and I made two of them. It never ceases to amaze me how differently things will turn out depending on the yarn that is used. The smaller sheepie is made from a beige variegated chenille with arms and legs done in RHSS "Aran", and the larger sheepie is made from a very loosely spun gray yarn that I bought as part of a lot sale on Ebay. There was no label on it, but as I said, it is very loosely spun (and I'm almost positive is an ) acrylic in a medium gray color, and the arms and legs on the larger sheepie are also made from RHSS "Aran". The faces were embroidered with Peaches and Creme black cotton. The variegated beige chenille is lightweight as chenille goes, but it is UNBELIEVABLY soft! The gray yarn is bulky, but it's also soft. I decided to give the chenille sheepie to the one year old since the gray is quite woolly, and in that first year everything goes right into the mouth, and the chenille is a cotton chenille that has the texture of a very soft terry, so when it gets teethed on, I think it will hold up better than the bulky gray acrylic.

I think the little critters turned out pretty cute! I got LOADS of compliments on them!

sheepies!

Thanks, everyone, for all the compliments! I don't do a whole lot of amigurumi, but I had so much fun making these little guys I just might have to start making some more. :)

Archived