Felted purse in Autumn colors

Krakovianka

I bought a random batch of wool from the thrift store about a year ago. The colors were complementary, and I always intended to use them in a felted purse, but it has taken me a while to work out exactly how to use them. I really wanted vertical, not horizontal, stripes for this bag, and I had only half a skein of the yellow-green color that I really liked. I ended up adding the yellow/green yarn in randomly throughout.

2824397135_c0c5e7a6a2.jpg

I crocheted this one to be more of a floppy/hobo style bag than one with with sharper corners. I'm really happy with the finished result.

2824397127_d875472cb4.jpg

Like all of my bags, this one was crocheted without a pattern, although I sort of wrote down the process I used. I'm thinking of making another one and trying to write the pattern more exactly. Although the colors are unrepeatable. The wool I used was fairly thin, so I held two strands together. Would you believe that a dull purple is the main color in this bag? It doesn't show up at all!

I love your purse. GOOD JOB!! I've been making felted bags and purses lately. I love to see the results after they've been beaten in the wash. I especially like that I don't need to line the bags. Maybe someday I'll learn how to sew.

Archived