Preemie baby dress UPDATED with armholes LOL

gsx2ts4u

Okay, now when you say "join to work in the round now", are you referring to joining at row five for rows 5 and 6, or do you join after row 6, and start the shells and such for the skirt in the round?

I'm still a little fuzzy on where the arm-holes are, but I'm only on the fourth row, so I'm sure it'll resolve itself when I get there! ;)

Thanks muchly for sharing this! :hug

im just gonna take row five and do this :D

dc in first 9 stitches, skip next 14, dc in next 16. skip next 14 stitches, dc in next 12 stitches

and then do row 6 across

and then start the skirt

hope that works out to size :hook

im working on it right now so i can put up a pic when im done, and when next u check your post, gsx, you can correct me if i'm wrong

:manyheart thanks for sharing the pattern!

ok i finished mine in between bites of chicken noodle soup :D

the pics are clickable.. there are maybe a couple things about the pattern that were not hard but u kinda have to have "wing it" skillz

th_preemietest.jpg

like you need to know to slip stitch into the middle of the shell before u start each round, and before that- the stitches are uneven so you kinda have to shove an extra shell in between the last V stitch, then make a (dc, ch1) in the same stitch as the beginning ch3.. in order to make a full V stitch (on round 7)

th_preemietest1.jpg

here is the full dress front. very pretty, maybe a ribbon or little chain going in between the dc stitches of row 6 might be nice, tied in front and fastened so it don't come off.

th_preemietest2.jpg

and here is the back, i felt that it was left too openy with just one set of ties so i did two :D

:hook thanks again for the pattern gsx2ts4u!

Edited by lilmari
s-m-r-t!

Sorry all I fixed it. No need to ch anything for the armholes go read. lol I wrote it up and even re-read it and still didn't see that I forgot the armholes.

Please forgive me!!

when I say work in the rounds I mean Join your last stitch of Now row 7 to the first ch of round 7. to make a circle.

Sorry.. I guess I need to learn up a bit on making patterns before i post anymore :(

• 11 years later...