Cool LYS in Kalamazoo Michigan

loopy1

Yes, There Really Is A Kalamazoo!

A few of you know I was looking for black/gold metallic #10 thread and posted "In Search Of" before I called this LYS (we do have 2 LYS in our city! Imagine that!).

Anyway, I called Handweavers Inspiring Yarn Shop to inquire and they said, "Sure, we can order it for you and have it here by the middle of Sept. We'll call you when it comes in." What excellent service!!!

HL, JoAnn's, Michael's or Wal-Mart "don't carry it" and if they "don't carry it", they can't order it.:thair

I realize that 99.9% of you may never enter this shop, although, donnalynn2 of FL did when she came up here for a wedding last summer. Here's our clickable thumbnail picture:

th_100_0375.jpg

There's one of me in front of the shop somewhere but I couldn't find it. :angry

Anyway, they do have a really neat website and there are free knitting patterns available as well as some for $3.99 each.

• 2 weeks later...

I was sad when Handweavers moved to Portage! They used to be right around the corner from my In Laws house and not too far from my parents! They have great stuff and just came out with a new newsletter (I got mine yesterday) They just updated their Journeys (classes) on their website, too, if anyone wants to take a look!

They're not in Portage. They're on Whites Road in Oakwood Plaza at Oakland Drive and Whites Road, just before Whites Road turns into Parkview. They were on 9th Street just off Stadium before moving to Oakwood Plaza.

There is a LYS in Portage called Stitching Memories. It's on Gladys Street off Westnedge across from K-Mart.

Wasn't that newsletter a scream? Just to be sure we're talking about the same one, it was about finding a "lonely knitting bag" and they decided to look through it.

Well, I'm sure we're talking about the same one since you mentioned their Journeys classes. I've been wanting to go but just haven't. I can't afford those expensive yarns and would feel embarrassed with my Red Heart, etc. I know I shouldn't but I would. :sigh

I was sad when Handweavers moved to Portage! They used to be right around the corner from my In Laws house and not too far from my parents! They have great stuff and just came out with a new newsletter (I got mine yesterday) They just updated their Journeys (classes) on their website, too, if anyone wants to take a look!

Archived