Sept 12.. International crochet day

jimbo

Year two for International Crochet Day, and already preparations are being made to promote the gentle art of crochet around the world. What are YOU doing to promote crochet on that very special day??

Ok, so its not yet a Hallmark Holliday, and SOME businesses are SO close minded as to not allow their Crochetiers the day off to promote the art... but it IS growing... and who knows.....

awesome! i think i'll go hang out at the park with my crochet :hook ah i just had a vision into the future! "yarnapalooza" wait maybe that ones taken.. "crochet-stock"? :think lol

:manyheart

I had no idea! I'm marking the calendar now! I'll still be here in Germany (but only just as I fly home to Vashon Island for good on Sept. 17th..) So I guess what I'll do is crochet and if the LYS next door is open, I'll go there and crochet...

Hay Eurolyons! Over in Ravelry, in the "Crochet Liberation Front" thread, there are a couple crochetiers in Germany who are looking to get together for an event on International Crochet Day. You might consider looking them up and hooking up.

Oh and it'll be nice to have you back home! I'm sure Germany's a great place... but like Dorothy says.. "There's no place like home."

jimbo

All good ideas, everyone! I've been getting comments and hits in my blog about International Crochet Day from a number of countries, including Brazil, Urguay, France, Japan, Portugal, Sweden, England, and Germany. What a hoot!! Kind of puts the "International" in International Crochet Day, huh. Blogs are mentioning the day...

Lots of folk from all over the world agree crochet deserves a day of recognition!

Hay Eurolyons! Over in Ravelry, in the "Crochet Liberation Front" thread, there are a couple crochetiers in Germany who are looking to get together for an event on International Crochet Day. You might consider looking them up and hooking up.

Oh and it'll be nice to have you back home! I'm sure Germany's a great place... but like Dorothy says.. "There's no place like home."

jimbo

I wonder where in Germany though...for all I know they could be in Berlin (which is 7 hours by car or 5 hours by train) or in Munich which is 3 hours by train...I'd love to link up with them, but I really don't know if I'll have the time...but Brigitta who runs the yarn shop next door also crochets, so I'll be in good company.

It'll be great to be back home after living over here for 9 years...honestly though, it seems like I just landed here yesterday!

Guess who the new crochet teacher is at my daughter's school?

I'll give ya a hint - ME!

Our first class will be Sept. 12 in honor of International Crochet Day!!!!

There's already 12 girls that are signed up.

She had the girls ready to go and were looking for a teacher!

I have to go in tomarrow morning and talk to the principal about setting it all up.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing, but hopefully I'll be able to crochet at our local park. Also my MIL is going to teach my daughter how to crochet sooo, thank god, she's a righty and I'm a lefty...way to hard for me, lol.

i'll probably see if craft stores are having sales and buy some more supplies haha

Sometimes you can find coupons. Maybe next week we need to see if there are any online we can print and share. I thought of that because I found my Micheal's ad this morning, for this week (expires before Sept 12...).

I don't know what I will be doing. I know I have to pack for a trip the following week and crocheting is going with me. What though, or better yet how many of my projects will be going with me?

Maybe I can get DD and I to go somewhere for tea and crochet.

i'll probably see if craft stores are having sales and buy some more supplies haha

Only yarn purveyor that i'm aware of who is participating is Paradise Fibers. And they're just promoting it in their newsletter this year.... but next year look out!

This thing has taken on a life of its own... an amazing thing since this is just the second International Crochet Day ever.

And blogging about the day is what's making the difference. Want a day dedicated to Crochet everywhere in the world? Blog about it and ask other bloggers to talk it up.

Its really snowballing in South America!

I'll be traveling to my sister that day, with train! So I'll have to crochet on the train, and if anyone speaks to me (but that don't happen too often here in Norway, we're a shy people.. hehe) I'll tell them about Crochet Day. ;)

In honor of the “holiday” I am going to be gifting one lucky person with a my complete set of Fit for a King or Queen crown patterns! I will also be giving away one Crown pattern (your choice of size) and one Adventure Set pattern. (Patterns are in PDF form and will be emailed to the winners.)

All you have to do is leave a single comment (duplicates will be deleted) on my blog. Bloggers, non-bloggers and International participants are welcome.

I’ll be collecting comments through until Thursday night at midnight (CST). On Friday, September 12th I’ll hold the drawing and announce the winner, using the every so handy Random Integer Generator. Good luck, and happy crocheting!

Here's an idea! Go to your local yarn store and ask them what they'll be doing for International Crochet Day. If they ask what it's about, tell them to Google it or come over here and see. A little promotion by a yarn shop? Now how could that EVER hurt sales?

Here's an idea! Go to your local yarn store and ask them what they'll be doing for International Crochet Day. If they ask what it's about, tell them to Google it or come over here and see. A little promotion by a yarn shop? Now how could that EVER hurt sales?

Don't know if I'm brave enough for that:blush, but it's a great idea for those who are.

I've noticed this mentionedon several blogs!:cheer

Debbi

Archived