squares from 200 crochet blocks

jess315

hi! i didn't realize there was a category for finished blocks until today. I will have to start keeping an eye on this one.

Here is a link to my flickr page where I have been posting finished squares from the book "200 Crochet blocks" by Jan Eaton. (keeping track of entire work on ravelry). It will be an afghan when i'm done. shooting for 63 squares, doing it in bernat satin sport with a G hook. I have about 15 done, all individual block pics posted. sorry i couldn't do a set, i already used up my 3 sets limit for flickr's free account.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9415903@N03/

2791069018_31ca4ab060.jpg?v=0

i'm already getting a little tired of only red white and blue. next sampler afghan will have to have 12 colors! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice! I'm planning an afghan for my husband too. I like the idea of using 12 colors..I think I'd go bonkers with too few color choices. Is it any suprise that one of my favorite animals at the zoo are the Scarlet Macaws?:lol

Question: About how many skeins would it take if I made a blanket with 72 squares?

• 2 weeks later...

i love "big round" too.

yes, there are way too many errors in the book for a $25 book, but at least the publisher has reported on many/most of them.

I don't know how many skeins a 76 block would take, that's the catch with making your own design.

I am using sport weight yarn and i think i bought 5 of each color. I might have to buy 1 more skien of each when i'm almost done, but it won't matter if there's a variance in dye lot for me.

Here's my most recently finished square. I think it's the 26th one I've finished so far. 40% done!

2908352717_e523ae7489.jpg?v=0

I can hardly wait to see what the finished afghan looks like because your blocks look wonderful.

I have that book as well and really love pulling it out and doing a few squares now and then. One of these days, I'll have a sampler as well!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All of your squares are very nice. I'm sure the red, white and blue will get a little tiresome after all of those squares but I bet the finished product will be absolutely beautiful and worth the trouble!

• 3 weeks later...

I love all your squares! I also love that book. I made my DD an afghan just using the Coffee & Cream square in 12" blocks with Homespun & she loved it. I want to try many more of them.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived