A child`s sad eyes

GEMINI4659

When I started designing this I had no clear idea where it was going to go or what it was going to end up being. I just knew that I had to put some of my stash to use.

My next door neighbor is a single mother with not much money and with rising costs a dollar does not get you much past the front of the store.I know what it is like to be looked down on when the new school year comes and you don`t have sparkling new clothes

Nothing melts me more than to look into a child's eyes and see the longing and sadness. She told me her favorite colour is pink . I have other things I`m making that still have a bit of work to go on them.

I just hope she enjoys it as much as I did designing and making it.

http://picasaweb.google.com/GEMINI4659/MyNewDesign

I hope to add a photo of her wearing it .

You are an Angel for making the adorable poncho set for your neighbor. Tears sprang to my eyes when I read your entry. I too was a single mom for many years (10+), and money was very tight. You moms out there know what I mean when I say that we can do without, but it's another matter when you can't provide your children with the things they NEED, let alone the things they want.

The poncho set is darling! Your little neighbor will be a hit at school this year, and guess what? She now has a one-of-a-kind designer original!!!

Juli from Texas

It's very beautiful! I wish there were more people like you, willing to give like that. I've been a single mom for 16 years now and it isn't easy. I've been through some tough times! It was kind hearted spur of the moment gifts just like yours that got me through the darkest days. It does make a huge difference! :hug

sore

Archived