Fox's Heart Scarf - testers update

SmoothFox

While crocheting a scarf for the Special Olympics I had this idea that maybe I could incorporate my love of hearts. This isn't too bad for the first scarf pattern I've ever created and only the 2nd scarf I've ever made.

2812198866_605828aca0_m.jpg

Since this is a work in progress I just need a few people to test it. I think I'm going to alter the pattern I created to lower the 2nd set of hearts a little lower. Anyway, if you are interested in testing this scarf, please email me at SmoothFoxLover@yahoo.com

UPDATE: testers found

Donna

It looks nice, Donna, but I think I am out for this round, too... goodness, I still need to post pics of my simple heart square, don't I :think... too much to do and too little time :coo

:D

Cheers,

i'm finishing motif 4 and since my son will be home tonight he will be my judge on how far apart around the neck to make the top 2 motifs. :hook

Now I am really short and measuring myself it still falls a few inches below my breasts, so i like the length, but I suppose, she could say repeat so and so to desired half-length, or something along those lines, so that people could make it to lay where ever they would like.

On me because I'm heavier and older the top hearts fall right above my breasts as if you were putting your hand over your heart. On my son they fall exactly on his breasts and he is also much taller than me.

I went with more space between the two sets of heart motifs on each side and I wanted to make sure I had alot of each of the colors so I alternated the motifs and colors.

There are 26 of the rows with the spaces between the motifs, not including the double crochet row at the top and bottom of the section and there are a total 26 of the rows with the spaces between the top going around the neck...there are 13 white and 13 delft blue plus there are double crochet rows at each motif and the end of the spaced rows. you can see it in the last picture of the back.

The scarf will be sent in for the Winter Special Olympics 2009.

Images are clickable

The squares

th_DSC04895.jpg

Around Back of Neck Strip

th_DSC04896.jpg

Worn Around Back of Neck Closeup

th_DSC04902.jpg

Scarf on 6' Male

th_DSC04900.jpg

The Full Finished Scarf

th_DSC04899.jpg

Very nice job Mary. I have the 4 motifs done and the one strip, I'm starting the second. I thought I'd have all day today to get it done but the DBF is sick and you know how that goes, stopping and starting. I like the way you did the colors. It looks great.

Very nice job Mary. I have the 4 motifs done and the one strip, I'm starting the second. I thought I'd have all day today to get it done but the DBF is sick and you know how that goes, stopping and starting. I like the way you did the colors. It looks great.

Thanks....since hubby is gone to LA on storm it was just me and the boys all day. We shopped this morning and I worked on this from about 4pm until 9pm just taking my time. If hubby was here, neither would have gotten accomplished, he always changes plans last minute. :angry

Now, I attached mine opposites, where the hearts are closer together at the bottome and not the top.....well you will see tomorrow. But mine looks just like Donna's in the begining.....But I am all finished, and ready to post it, just need to run and grab my MIL's camera tomorrow. and get ou some pictures. it worked up so nice and easy.

Well goodnight for now. Pic coming tomorrow!!!

I finished my motifs yesterday and should be able to finish it up this evening. I had a bit of difficulty with the squares at first, as this is my first fox heart pattern, but I got the hang of it and everything came out correctly (Isn't the first row supposed to repeat three times?)

Hockey Mom yours turned out really nice. The alternating colors really made it pop! :clap Great Job.

Update

I am hoping to get my finished tonight and get the pics uploaded today as well. Everyone's scarves look very nice! Great job.

I am going to have to make my center stip longer to make the scarf fall just a bit lower, otherwise lays right on them, lol, but that is the only thing I am going to change in the pattern. I also think it would be nice to make the bottom squares into pockets, with side openings, for you to put your hands in to keep warm. Maybe make two more plain squares, all one color, and stitch them to the back of the heart squares???????

Thank you again for letting me test this pattern.

UPDATE.....

My computer has gotten a bug (I am at work right now, so don't worry) I am trying to fix it,but no telling when it will be done....

:clap I have mine done. I just need to get batteries for the camera to post pics.

The pattern worked up fine for me and I didn't see any mistakes.

The only thing I did different was to make it a few rows shorter on each strip for my almost 3 year old niece. I did the hearts in a cream color and the main scarf color is variagated pink.

I have plans on making a few more for charity!

Thanks!

Will post pics when I can!

Have a great day!:hook

Archived