TD Creations gone?

Has anyone ordered from TD Creations lately? I placed an order almost a month ago and never received it. I had paid thru paypal so I filed a claim and it's still pending. Their website doesn't even come up anymore and no one answers the phone or emails, yet they're still advertising in Crochet World magazine. I wanted one of their bed doll patterns. Oh well, will check out ebay I guess. Dang! I loved their patterns. :(

That is just weird. I was looking at them last week, but didn't see what I wanted.

Hey, maybe it is just some trouble with the site, or they are revamping it.

Boy I hope so, as I do love their patterns.:hook

• 1 month later...

I just saw this post and was wondering if you've received your order? Their site was up on Sept. 29 and I placed a small order however, I haven't received it yet. I love their patterns also. They have been known to take awhile to ship. I'm not sure why it takes them so long, it's frustrating and one of the reasons that I don't order from them very often.

But coincidently, I recently received a postcard from them dated Oct. 6, 2008 advertising some of their patterns so I hope/think they are still in business. I just wish they would send my Sept. 29 order.

Nope, I never got my order. :( Paypal never got any response from them so I was refunded my money. I'd have much rather had the order. Any orders I've placed with them in the past have been pretty speedy by shipping within a day or 2 and coming by Priority Mail. I got an email from TDCreations last week advertising new patterns and I got all excited thinking things were OK there. I zoomed them an email asking if anyone was there but again, got no answer. :( I love their patterns and supplies but I won't place another order with them until I find out what's been going on.

Nope, I never got my order. :( Paypal never got any response from them so I was refunded my money. I'd have much rather had the order. Any orders I've placed with them in the past have been pretty speedy by shipping within a day or 2 and coming by Priority Mail.

Yikes, thanks for letting us know what happened. I'll update if/when I get my Sept. 29 order. Hopefully, it'll come today. According to my account it states that it was processed Oct. 2 and will ship via First Class Mail USPS. But South Dakota is not that far away so it shouldn't take more than two weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed.

On an unrelated note: I just got charged 10 times (EUR) on paypal by something/someone called Skype. I filed an unauthorized claim immediately but am upset that paypal security was breached somehow.

On an unrelated note: I just got charged 10 times (EUR) on paypal by something/someone called Skype. I filed an unauthorized claim immediately but am upset that paypal security was breached somehow.

Skype is an internet calling program - you can call through your computer to another computer, phone to computer, or use two special phones working through your computer.

On the TD Creations issue, I agree, I'd rather have the item I tried to buy rather than the money back. I had trouble with a Lush order a couple of months ago, and it took a little while to resolve, but they were so kind about taking care of me and they gave me more than their usual samples in the package once it did arrive.

crs5, did you speak to them on the phone? Every time I called I got a busy signal and I called many times over a span of many days. I've sent a bunch of emails and so did Paypal. None of them were ever answered. I managed to get the pattern I was looking for from an ebay auction but that doesn't really help me. I still won't place an order until I find out why both Paypal's and my emails get ignored. :think

Yes I did. Actually, everytime I called, I always got an answer. I just don't understand why they can't send there patterns thru pdf. It's alot quicker. Ya know?

Carol:hook

crs5, did you speak to them on the phone? Every time I called I got a busy signal and I called many times over a span of many days. I've sent a bunch of emails and so did Paypal. None of them were ever answered. I managed to get the pattern I was looking for from an ebay auction but that doesn't really help me. I still won't place an order until I find out why both Paypal's and my emails get ignored. :think

Hhmm, I'm surprised that more of Td Creations' patterns are not posted on Ravelry. The company has been around for 29 years so it's odd that there are only 2 patterns posted. Which by the way are 2 of the ones that I listed. :) I have at least 15 to 20 more oldies (from the early years '80s) but I have to dig around for the35mm pics. Almost all of the projects have been given away so I don't have any recent digital photos.

I'm starting to get a complex. :P Maybe it's just me? Every time I call I get a busy signal. :think I've been trying for the last hour. I got the number from the website. Carol, is this the number you use?

1-800-447-9429

I'm starting to get a complex. :P Maybe it's just me? Every time I call I get a busy signal. :think I've been trying for the last hour. I got the number from the website. Carol, is this the number you use?

1-800-447-9429

Craw, I just now got off the phone with Td Creations. I'm on the West Coast (it's 12:23pm pst) and they are central time (I think). I noticed that you might be on the East Coast.

Yes, that is the phone number that I used and at first it was busy so I emailed them. Then I re-tried calling and got through.

I suppose it's a really "small business" so there is only one person handling everything. It would be nice if someone on Crochetville from that area would be able to verify it. Meaning if it's a "home business" or a "company" with staff. Not that it matters either way, it would just clarify things immensely to know who we are buying from. Well, at least for me.

The woman on the phone said that my order from Sept. 29 "probably" went out in the last two days - via First Class Mail. That's all she could tell me.

I actually thought the same thing. That it was a home business. I actually was thinking about ordering the baby robe set. Any of you ladies have that pattern? Just wondering if it was pretty easy to make. Cuz she says her patterns are pretty easy. Yes, that is the number I called.

Just updating with the latest in case anyone was following this thread and wants to know. :)

I placed an online order on Mon. Sept. 29. Paypal account was charged immediately. I emailed Td on Mon. Oct. 13 regarding the mailing date of the order. I followed up with a phone call on Tues. Oct. 14. The lady on the phone told me that my order probably went out 2-3 days earlier. I then received an email response which basically said the same thing.

Here's the interesting part: I received the package Fri. Oct. 17 and the postmark is stamped Wed. Oct. 15.!

So...Td actually mailed the package AFTER I emailed/called. AND it only took 2 days to arrive via First Class mail.

Carol, I don't have the baby robe set but it sure looks nice. I just purchased the toy patterns. I'm not sure what's going on with the company but it'll be awhile before I place another order again.

I am following this thread, lol. I never did get anyone on the phone yet. I'm glad you finally got your package. See? Something is wrong there. :( They're either not getting the web orders or they're not paying attention to them. They also have a store on ebay and I was tempted to order from there seeing as how they have no negative feedback but now I don't know. Their ebay store doesn't seem to be getting much traffic. If this is a small business run by just one or two people and someone is ill or something, it would explain things. I hope that's not the case.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes I did. Actually, everytime I called, I always got an answer. I just don't understand why they can't send there patterns thru pdf. It's alot quicker. Ya know?

I've read somewhere that Paypal doesn't respect digital transactions, so if there was a dispute the seller would ALWAYS be on the losing end regardless if they were actually in the right or not. They probably either read that too, or had the misfortune of getting scammed in a method like that, so now they provide a solid physical product so it won't happen to them again.

Archived