Can I go back to yarn?

DesertCrocheter

So for the past 4 weeks or so, I've been working with thread, making bookmarks for the swap. I needed to make a beach bag for a friend of mine whose birthday is in a few weeks, and she and her boyfriend always go to Cape May in NJ for the Fourth of July and her birthday. So I got out this sugar and cream I'd bought to make the bag, and started crocheting. And felt like I was all thumbs! My fingers and left wrist (I'm a rightie) got tired real quick and I felt like I was crocheting with a crowbar! :lol I've gotten so used to the thread I'm completely spoiled now.

Can I ever go back to yarn now??

Patty

I think that's part of why I started kn#@tting with yarn... too much trouble converting my hands from crochet thread to crochet yarn, but for some reason I can switch from crochet thread to kn$t yarn, no problem. Heh. :)

Always takes me a bit to adjust going from thread to yarn. Makes me feel like I am working with rope. :eek It helps if I haven't crocheted for a day or so, but not much. It can even feel wierd going from a small thread such as tatting thread to say size 10.

:cat

I thought it was absolutely hilarious to pick up yarn again after a couple weeks of nothing but thread. It took a few rows but I was fine again. :hook Maybe I'm the weird one, it didn't bother me so much. It was just kind of strange to watch - such big thread! lol

I love switching back and forth- especially if I get bored (or frustrated) with one, I'll switch to the other :) The first time I switched back to yarn though, I admit it felt a little weird, but now I don't even notice a difference. I think it's like riding a bike...it's something that stays with ya :hook

I can switch pretty easily, I learned on thread then went to yarn so switching isn't a big problem with me.

I guess I'm one of the few who don't notice much of a difference since I've done both for so long.

:frog

I just started on thread a month or so ago I guess? I don't have any trouble switching either. It felt a little funny at first, but yesterday I realized that I had switched from size 10 with a #5 hook to two strands of worsted weight and a K, and it felt completely normal.

I am one of those people who lose interest in a project rather rapidly, so I always seem to have two projects on me to switch back and forth as needed as I crochet away in the taxi - one is usually a thread project and the other a yarn project! :hook

I quess why going to yarn from thread feels weird to begin with for me is beacuse I so rarely do use yarn. I probably do a yarn project about twice a year. :hook I am doing one now, the first one since the first of the year.

Sometimes, when I want a break I'll work with yarn. It makes me feel like I am going so much faster, and wooh! it takes less time to get it done. I like that. I'm hooked on thread, though. :c9 I like the challenge.

Archived