Calliope & Gary

kusine

Meet Calliope (the pink one) and Gary (the kumquat):

amigurumi1&2.jpg

They're from a Japanese crochet book I got last week. Our internet was down all weekend, so I had plenty of time to figure out the charts and diagrams. I still couldn't figure everything out, but I thinkg I got close!

(I don't know why it won't display the photo in the post. Sorry!)

OOh I love them :manyheart They're so bright and colorful :) Where did you get the patterns? I love making things like that.

Ok duh I reread your post and saw the books how fun are those I don't even care that I can't read japanese I like them just for the pictures so cool.

My mom has 2 Japanese thread books that I really want when she passes on. She's had them since I was a little girl and they have the most gorgeous doilies and stuff in them. The charts aren't really that difficult but I guess it depends on the person looking at them :wink

Your thingys are really cute :yay

:frog

Both of your little folk are great! Very cute and way to go on reading the japanese book/charts!! And to think that I've been hemming and hawing on buying a french book....at least the characters are the same!

Thanks, everyone! Calliope is going to stay with me for the time being, but Gary is now winging his way to a new home that will hopefully appreciate a shifty-eyed kumquat. I didn't want him around to be a bad influence on the dogs. :)

I had a lot of fun playing with the pattern book - so much that I bought another! If nothing else, they are wonderful to just look at - the photography is fun and absolutely beautiful!

(And the eBay seller that I got them from has some of the most wonderful craft books ever. I need to be strong! The dog outfit ones ... OMG. My dogs would kill me! :D )

Jessica You naughty girl :lol You have tempted me so much I want those books sooo bad :heart Hmm my birthday is in August maybe I can get a couple then :P I saw the dog outfit one too ooh so much tempation :shop Dressing dogs in outfits and making crocheted toys :heart:manyheart:heart

Archived