Toy Drive 2009--Toys have been delivered. Thanks for another great year!

Midds

I just started a new thread in charity crochet .... grand total so far... 653!! I posted pictures of all the toys so far in there.

IF you havent gotten the patterns from me...and you have sent toys...please contact me!! I have gotten a few boxes without emails.

Thank you!!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm working on mine. I have 2 cupcake purses done and 2 hats with them. Also, some other hats made in a bag....just need to find the bag and I'll add those in. I have 4 small card games too (memory, go fish, old maid). I will be going shopping this week for some toys too. So far 8 out of 12, but will add more this week too.

:yay You guys are doing awesome!

:cheer Come on gals and guys, just a couple more weeks. We can do this!!! I know my toys are not flying off my hook but they are coming, I promise I will make my goal! We all can! :cheer Keep 'em coming!!! :hook

Updated through post #253.

I have 25 so far. I want to go to Walmart this weekend to buy a few more things. Would crayons be okay? They have them for 25 cents a box for the 24 ct size!! So I figured a box of those paired with a coloring book from the $store would be an awesome "fun thing" for a little one. :)

I have 10 amis to send out to you on Monday or Tuesday. We are leaving Wednesday for vacation so they will definitely be going out before then!

I have 25 so far. I want to go to Walmart this weekend to buy a few more things. Would crayons be okay? They have them for 25 cents a box for the 24 ct size!! So I figured a box of those paired with a coloring book from the $store would be an awesome "fun thing" for a little one. :)

Crayons are fine. What a great sale.

We are on our way but we are running out of time....

Come on ladies and gents, let's crochet (buy) our fingers off. We can do this!!!

(Updated through post 257.)

I'm waiting on a box from my mom that contains an unknown number of animals. Once it gets here I will add

7 finished animals

19 matchbox cars

20 coloring books

14 boxes of 24 crayons

+ whatever I can make before I ship the box.

I sent out 12 items.....5 little card games, 2 cupcake purses, and 5 hats. I am hoping next year I will be able to make some amis......I just had no time for all that arm and leg sewing with the other big projects I made recently. Enjoy!

I am going to update today on a count... and updated pictures!!

I have just been swamped with work.... but the toy count is definitely higher now! Last count was 601!!

I just saw this for the first time. What is the deadline? I have several amis that I could send if there is still time. I will just need an address to send them to.

Hi all!!! I am here but just not very much. A very long story short, my hubby had severe medical problems, 2 surgeries, spent almost a whole month in the hospital, and literally almost died 2 times within that month. On top of that I changed jobs at the end of April-a VERY VERY good thing for me! (I love my new job!!!)

So now that things have "slowed" down and are returning to "normal" if there is such a thing I am hoping to be back on here more and crocheting more.

All the toys look absolutely wonderful!!!

I just talked to KristieMN and she has a count of 453 plus 2 more boxes that she hasn't counted yet!

Thank you all so much for being a part of this wonderful opportunity to make a child's day!

Updated through post # 245.

So sorry to hear of your husband's medical problems. My thoughts are with you.

I just saw this for the first time. What is the deadline? I have several amis that I could send if there is still time. I will just need an address to send them to.

YEAH!!! You have time. Just pm KristieMN and ask her for her mailing address and then you can send them on. Welcome!

So sorry to hear of your husband's medical problems. My thoughts are with you.

Thank you so much! Things are much better now. :hug

My mom's box of toys arrived yesterday and I boxed them up with the remainder of my toys and stuffed them in my car.

Wellll last night mom tells me that the bunnies :rabbit she sent HAD NO TAILS.

OH MY:no so I had to go out to the car, drag the box back into the house and correct all the little bunny butts. Anyhow the boxes are on the way!

DATE SET!!!

We are to deliver the first batch of toys to the U of M...on the 25th...the others to the Childrens hospital...on the 27th or so... YEA!!!

Total toy count as of today... 725.

I have a gift card I need to use... and that will bring the toy count up.

I am starting to get excited about delivering toys again.

It is a fun thing for my girls and I do to!

Thank you to all of you who are helping make this possible this year.

IF you do not have your patterns...and have sent toys... PLEASE pm me!!

I need your email to send them too!

Thank you all!

Kristen

• 2 weeks later...

The deadline is fast approaching.

amoreland-Thank you! I got your pm and am so grateful. For those of you that don't know I was on a huge crochet burnout and amoreland was a saint and offered to donate 10 toys for me. :hug Thank you!!!

Updated through post #272.

My hubby forgot to mail out your package :( but we are fedex'ing it today so it should still reach you in time. :) Included are 1 crocheted teddy, 3 lion stuffies, a bird, and a whole mess of other goodies, both store bought and made.

FINAL countdown!!

I just updated pictures in the toy drive thread!!

Any guesses on the total?!?!?

949 toys in all so far!!

We are still planning on delivering the toys to the U of M on Tuesday.

Childrens, will either be later in the week, or early next week.... this will depend on how my oldest child is doing. (complications after wisdom teeth removed!!!)

Thank you again to everyone who is helping and has helped with the toy drive!!

Archived