Kitty Mats I did for the games (img heavy)

LavenderRose

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:cheerI think you did a great job! I know my cat AND my dog would love mats like this. Maybe when their old blankies wear out I will make them some new ones like these.

Your kitty mats came out quite nice!! I made my cat one, I put it on my bed, she lays all around it, but NOT on it!!!!!!! :lol :lol It is a great way to use up that "stash" though. I'm making my 9 yr. old dgd's cat one and I'm thinking of making a friend one for her cat too!!:)

Wow your kitty mats look awesome...

Can you tell me what pattern you used and how many rounds or rows you used... I'd love to make some in that style for our local animal hospital where I adopted my Foxie.

Here is the most recent photos of my Foxie she is now 1 year 5 months old..

Smart as can be....

th_FoxieandhernewtoyFeb22009andherdada.jpg

th_FoxieandhernewtoyFeb22009andherdada.jpg

th_Foxieandnewtoy.jpg

th_fOXIEANDNEWTOY2.jpg

th_fOXIEANDNEWTOY3.jpg

th_Foxieandsunflowertoy2.jpg

th_Foxieandsunflowertoy3.jpg

th_FoxieJan2009.jpg

th_foxiejan20092.jpg

Enjoy

PLease do let me know which pattern you used.

hugs

Lillibet

Hi ladies:

I havent seen any more posts here of the young lady that created these kitty mats and well i was wondering if any one knows off hand where i can find this pattern that she used if its on the internet..

I appreciate any help if any one knows which pattern it is..

hugs

Lillibet

• 3 months later...

It looks like the "Magic Potholder" pattern, she just used more stitches in her beginning chain to make them larger. This pattern makes EXCELLENT hot pads since they are double thickness. I made two hot pads out of scrap yarn and these are my family's favorite hot pads! They wash well too. Google "magic potholder or hot pad" and I'm sure you'll find the pattern. It is very simple to do.

Here's the pattern I used for hotpads: http://www.mielkesfarm.com/diagonal_hotpad.htm

Here's one version using the seed stitch--look for Magic Potholder: http://www.dailycrocheter.com/patternsdetail.php?type=HO

Archived