Calling thunder from down under!

pixi

:cheer:clap ok i would really like to know how many aussies are up here :devil can you please let us know which state your in and your capital city

i'll start: im from NSW and am bout an hour from sydney driving longer by train :eek cause i don't have my license

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in Sydney (Annandale) so very close to the city. I'm leaving tomorrow on holidays for 6 weeks but we should organise a meetup when I get back!!! I think we are the only NSW ones.

Bec :D

I'm sure there's no one else from WA - especially no one down my way (3.5 hours from Perth). I'd love to be able to catch up with people, sit and crochet, and get advice and gossip. In the mean time, this forum is the next best thing. It's just reassuring that there are any aussies at all!

Hey angry snail, how did you get your name?

Well hahahah

I used to chat as roadragedsnail, after my friend and I were in a chatroom, and she PM'd me and said "you gotta come into this goth room and see these idiots fighting.. come in with a scary nick" roadragedsnail popped into my head (hey, I thought it was scary!)..

so I continued using that. One day, anotehr friend and I were at home, just chatting to people in the room, drinking a little, eating tim tams, and this guy PM's me with "You can't be a snail".... Friend and I are thinking, i bet theres a corny pick up line coming next, so I replyed back "oh yeah, why?".

The response?

"Snails only mate once a lifetime, and you are a dirty w***e" :think

Friend and I burst into laughter.. It caught us off guard. friend says "man, if I was a snail, I'd kill myself" and I said "Yeah, I'd be pretty damn angry too"..

and the angrysnail was born hehehehe

If any of you are on MSN messenger I'd be happy to chat anytime.. I'm on most nights :)

Belinda.

I am from the "West Island" of Australia!!!:think :think :think

Hamilton, North Island, New Zealand to be exact so that is almost Australia. Just dont tell the Rugby or Cricket players I said that. I do have a niece in Sydney so I am almost Australian.:hug

I have only found one other Kiwi here so I feel a little isolated.

The good thing is, we get first dibs at peoples problems because when we are here, the people in the US are all asleep.

Have fun.

Colleen in NZ.

welcome Colleen! i reckon the NZ and aussie should stick together! the rugby and cricket players are just big babys! :rofl

Hi, I'm from Krawarree via Braidwood NSW. I'm really just a learner, have MS so spend more time looking at everyone else's work than doing my own. I've taught myself (I'm a leftie as well - lol) and can do most basic stitches now. Am currently working on two poncho's and a throw. Isn't that how we do it, he, he! Also knitting a scarf.

Cheers,

Jessica.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought I'd give the Aussie crocheters a :bump I'm in Sydney but it looks like we have a few NSW'ers here. If anyone feels like a meetup, I'm ready for some craftin'!! :lol

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My...ummm...lets just call him a significant other at this stage of the game is from the Sydney area...I think he said Punchbowl :think :think :think Who knows, I could be going that way one of these days.....has to have better weather than Brussels! :lol

• 4 months later...

Archived