Group Home Blankets Finally Done!!!!!!

neicy crochets

Last March, I asked for help with some blankets for the seven residents in the Group Home where I work. It has been a slow process, especially with my surgery and vacation time this summer. But they are finally done:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

I think I will give them to "my other family" this Monday when I go back to work. I will definitely get photos, hopefully of each resident with their blankets!

A VERY special thank you for those who have helped with this. I do have extra squares, and I think I will donate them to an elderly lady who knits/crochets stuff for the cancer unit at the hospital in the city.

Once again, thank you SOOOO much!

Hope you enjoy looking at them!!

Denise

DSCF3051

DSCF3050

DSCF3049

DSCF3048

DSCF3047

DSCF3046

DSCF3045

They look fantastic!:yay I am sure the residents will be very pleased, indeed.

Am really humbled by the artistry of the squares shown and your skill at putting all these together.

Thanks for the opportunity to participate in your endeavor.

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL:

WTD: 0

YTD: -8

How lovely! You did a wonderful job planning the afghans and putting them together!

I got a kick out of seeing someone's toesies (last photo). :)

Between my 11YO daughter ( my shadow since the last day of school) and my dog( I think you may be able to see a bit of white fluff from her tail in the same pic), I was lucky to get pics at all!!!

What a great idea! They all look so nice. You did a great job laying them out & putting them together. I'm sure they'll all love them, that someone took their time for this. You've given me an idea for my brother-in-law & the 3 others in his group home for this Christmas, but I think I'll be using an 'N' hook!

What a great idea! They all look so nice. You did a great job laying them out & putting them together. I'm sure they'll all love them, that someone took their time for this. You've given me an idea for my brother-in-law & the 3 others in his group home for this Christmas, but I think I'll be using an 'N' hook!

An N hook- that's too cute! Actually, almost half of the squares in the seven were donated from some wonderful people here at the 'Ville. I ahve their names posted in the initial post, but I can't seem to bring it back up to the screen ( yeah, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this 'puter at times:loco)

Anyhow, we have planned a little party at the Home when I go in on Monday ( any reason to have a party there is a good reason). My DD is going to make a cake, and our summer student and i are going to decorate before they come home from work, so that in itself should make them all very happy! Then they'll get their blankets!

An N hook- that's too cute! Actually, almost half of the squares in the seven were donated from some wonderful people here at the 'Ville. I ahve their names posted in the initial post, but I can't seem to bring it back up to the screen ( yeah, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this 'puter at times:loco)

Anyhow, we have planned a little party at the Home when I go in on Monday ( any reason to have a party there is a good reason). My DD is going to make a cake, and our summer student and i are going to decorate before they come home from work, so that in itself should make them all very happy! Then they'll get their blankets!

That's why I love being on the 'Ville. Seems there's always someone willing to lend a hand for a worthwhile project. But I am glad I saw this post. I was looking through my pattern book this morning for ideas. Caron one pounders are on sale & I can crochet quickly with a large hook. I just have to pick a pattern & find out which color they assigned for each of the guys. They color coded their bath towels, laundry bins, etc, so everyone can tell their own things & staff knows where to put things away for them. No arguments over a blanket if they each have their own.

Have a great party. Put up some pics if you can.

Archived