Crochetville Retreat Apr/June 2009: Potential Informal Classes

Amy

I'd be interested in a dying/spinning class; what fun!

Broomstick lace would be neat to learn... I probably would take a couple classes, just depended on how many interested me. :)

Another idea, would be to have a "class" where we meet and make squares for a charity project. Then, by the end of the class, we would have enough squares to make a blanket, or scarves, or something like that. It wouldn't be as much a class as a gathering, and it'd be a bring your own yarn, sit and chat type session. :) Probably have a few people making grannies, and a few people sewing them together as we go.

I wouldn't mind teaching a class on how to use an edgerydoo to do edges on fleece blankets. That would be fun. :)

I would be willing to teach anything pretty cheaply, to help pay for the retreat.

Sounds like fun!

Victoria

I had another idea... It could be a "help me" class, or something like that... Just take your pattern to the class, and 2-3 of us could teach, but really, just help you read the pattern, and figure out what it's asking you to do. Perhaps there are a few patterns out there already that give folks trouble, and we could research if there are any revisions to that pattern, and help out? What about a chart reading class? Just some other ideas...

Victoria

I wouldn't mind teaching a class on how to use an edgerydoo to do edges on fleece blankets. That would be fun. :)

Victoria

I may be out of line here... but I wanted to say that an Edgerydoo class would be more of a product demonstration and should be offered free by the manufacturer. After all, it will promote and generate sales for the company. I personally would not pay to learn how to use it, but I would gladly attend a free product demonstration. And if I liked what I saw, I would purchase the product...

I may be out of line here... but I wanted to say that an Edgerydoo class would be more of a product demonstration and should be offered free by the manufacturer. After all, it will promote and generate sales for the company. I personally would not pay to learn how to use it, but I would gladly attend a free product demonstration. And if I liked what I saw, I would purchase the product...

I appreciate this sentiment. However, for any product demonstration by a company, the hotel is still going to be charging us for use of the meeting room. So we'd still need to charge some sort of fee to help with that. It would either be charge a fee to those who want to take the class/demonstration or increase everyone's retreat fee to account for the cost of the room in which the demonstration takes place.

I appreciate this sentiment. However, for any product demonstration by a company, the hotel is still going to be charging us for use of the meeting room. So we'd still need to charge some sort of fee to help with that. It would either be charge a fee to those who want to take the class/demonstration or increase everyone's retreat fee to account for the cost of the room in which the demonstration takes place.

Again, it's my opinion that the manufacturer would be responsible for this expense... They will no doubt earn a good bit of money from the demo, so it would stand to reason that they should foot the bill for the cost of the demo room...

JMHO

Archived