My February Lady Sweater

Hazlecreek

I thought I would put this in the Experienced Knitters section, because now that I have finally finished it I do feel I've gained some experience! :blush

For some reason this was giving me one heck of a time and I frogged it quite a few times before feeling like it was working for me, but now I just love it!

2774892934_627e3649b8_m.jpg

I used 5 skeins of Naturally Caron Country and really liked how it turned out. I really want to make another one, but that will be a long time from now. ;)

Oops, I forgot to give the link to the pattern! :oopsFlint Knits February Lady Sweater

That looks really nice. This is a sweater that is on my to do list. Which part did you need to frog - the garter shaping or the lace?

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments! :D

I redid the top (garter) part. Mostly because I didn't like the way the mods that I was doing were turning out. I did a the reg cast on that then decided that I wanted a crochet cast on, I did the K1tb instead of the M1 for the raglan sleeves, but once I got down to the end I didn't like it so I frogged again and went back to the M1 increase. I also did do the yo eyelet I did the K1tb, it just did make since to me to have all these open holes around the bodice. :think ( not to mention all the times I frogged just from messing up! :blush)

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. I had the same thought about the eyelet holes around the bottom of the yoke. Why? I know that EZ had them on the baby sweater to put ribbon through but as adults I don't think I'm about to do that. lol Your yoke also looks longer than most I've seen - I like that as well. Great job.

Your yoke also looks longer than most I've seen - I like that as well. Great job.

I was thinking the same thing to. :think I didn't do anything to that so it must be the yarn. I'm glad you said that about the ribbon, because I just couldn't understand why they would want a bunch of holes around the bust of a sweater. :lol

Goodie2shoes, I now feel braver that I have finished the jacket! :lol It's really not as hard as it looks or as I made it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I love it! That is a gorgeous color! Did you do any modifications on the stitch count on the sleeves?

Nope, the patten worked out great for me. As for the length it simply says to stop when it's where you want it and then do the garter stitch for x number of rows. I did 20 repeats for the body and did 19 repeats on the sleeves to keep them just a bit shorter. ( really I was just wanted to get the first sleeve done and didn't want to wait for another 4 rows of repeats! :lol)

• 2 months later...

Archived