Seen It All Now!

ReniC

I've seen those. Somewhere around here there was a post about the movement to put little crochet cozies around stuff like handrails, lampposts, etc. Wish I could remember where it was. I wonder what the birds and squirrels think of that tree. ;)

My first thought was "what a waste of good yarn".

My first and final thought was the same. :eek:eekWhat a waste of good yarn. I can think of a lot of charities that could have used that yarn worked up into blankets, scarves sweaters or whatever. :think:think Makes me wonder what people are thinking sometimes when they do stuff like that. Oh well, I am not impressed by the tree, I am actually saddened by it.

Wonder if this is the same woman who covered the building with crochet squares? Some sort of "awareness" gimick, can't remember if it was about crafting or some social issue. Someone spent a lot of time and yarn to do this and part of me says, "How creative!" while another part of me says, "How irresponsible, that yarn could have been used in so many better ways!" I guess you'd really have to know the rest of the story to really be able to decide on this.

My thought was also, I hope it doesn't hurt the tree.

I don't think it's a waste, to each their own. That's what I like about creativity, and crochet especially, there is so many options and ways to use it.

I don't think I would make a cozy for a tree, motorcycle, empty gas station or anything like that...

guerilla crochet?

i saw a guerilla knitting somewhere, they covered a pole and a metal ring.

are you sure you're seen everything? ;)

have you seen patricia waller's stuff?

patriciawaller.com

Archived