Stitches Midwest

allieliz

My aunt just mentioned this event in Schaumberg IL next weekend. http://www.knittinguniverse.com/flash/webfeatures/xrxinsider08/xrxinsider.htm

Can anyone tell me anything about it? Is anyone attending it? It sounds fun, lots of knitting (which I do, just poorly) and TONS of yarn (YUMMY!)

I've heard really good things about the Stitches shows, but I've never been able to attend one. I would love to attend just to walk around the vendor show floor and see all that yummy yarn in one place!

I went to this yesterday and bought nothing. I had hoped to find a couple of Bates Quicksilver hooks and maybe get some Berroco Comfort yarn. No one had the hooks and there were only a couple of colors of the yarn, none that I wanted. It was great for knitters and for wool (of course, I am allergic), although my knitting daughter found it to all be too expensive and she only bought some hand cream. I did see some pretty corn yarn, but since it was from a store in the area I figure I can buy it anytime. My daughter encountered a number of friends from her knitting group and so I got to meet them and we did get to hang out together and go to lunch, so I enjoyed the experience, but the show itself was kind of disappointing.

I think I will try to make the next Stitches Midwest convention next September. It was too short notice to go, but there were some interesting speakers (Lily Chin, for one) and how can you go wrong with a convention full of yarn lovers (whether knitters or crocheters)?

It was worth attending, of course, I just wish there had been more crochet specific "goodies" and more non-wool options. I attend a lot of sewing shows and also think that taking classes makes these events more fun than just shopping, but it takes money, naturally.

Archived