Christmas curtain for my mum's kitchen + pattern

Cuddlefish

My mum's been dropping "hints" that she'd like a Christmas curtain for her kitchen window. I say "hints", because although her face looks all innocent, what actually comes out of her mouth is "well, if you need a project, you know you can make me a Christmas curtain". And then she goes back to looking as if she just dropped the subtlest of hints and isn't sure I actually caught it. So, to make the "hinting" come to an end, I finally made the curtain. There's no pattern, I winged it, after frogging a lot in the beginning. Here it is:

julegardinenkeltlq3.jpg

julegardindobbeltjf1.jpg

Thanks for looking! :hug

EDIT: For pattern, see post 22.

My mum's been dropping "hints" that she'd like a Christmas curtain for her kitchen window. I say "hints", because although her face looks all innocent, what actually comes out of her mouth is "well, if you need a project, you know you can make me a Christmas curtain". And then she goes back to looking as if she just dropped the subtlest of hints and isn't sure I actually caught it. So, to make the "hinting" come to an end, I finally made the curtain. There's no pattern, I winged it, after frogging a lot in the beginning.

Those are really cute. I am sure your "hint"ing mom will love them! Mine steps on her bottom lip if I don't crochet her something for Christmas, but she's only asked for one specific item. I did make it but it was not for Christmas, it was while I was visiting her on vacation.

Oh my gosh!!!!!! That is absolutely adorable!!!! :cheer:clap Too bad you didn't write down the pattern b/c you could easily sell it!!! I'd love that for my kitchen. Ohhhhhhh to have design skills. :think:eek

Thank you! :hug

I had to frog a lot at first, because of the not having a pattern. I started by drawing a pattern on some math-paper, but stitches are not square, so at first the hearts became elongated. I cursed for a minute and frogged it. Then I tried again with a wider, shorter kind of heart, and it worked much better. I also had quite a bit of trouble matching the tension in the second curtain to that of the first, so the other half also started with lots of frogging. But after a while, it matched up. It's one of the most bothersome items I've finished in a long time, so she'd better like it. :lol

Beautiful!

Before you give it to her, you should put it in a copy machine, so you'll have a pattern in case you want to make another one.

I've done that with some filet, and it works surprisingly well. Mine wasn't red, though, so you may have to adjust the darkness to get a good copy.

I'm sure your mother will love it!

:clap

Alright, I'm a sucker for 'pretty please'. :lol

I dotted the pattern into the math paper, I hope that will do. Each square with a dot has two dc's in it, each empty square is just two ch's. The square itself is a dc. So three stitches to each square. The top is crocheted on afterwards, sc's where's there's something to stitch into, ch's in between, and two rows of dc's on top. I don't think it's worth counting how many, because it's likely to vary along with your tension. So I would just go ahead and see what works. :)

I hope you can see it - my scanner's down and I had to just take a photo of the paper. But maybe if you print it out and retrace it, you can make it clearer.

So here we go: Cuddlefish' Christmas Curtain. Or Valentines days' Veil. ;)

julegardinsopskriftvs3.jpg

I hope you can make it work, and I'd LOVE to see finished results. :hook

Archived