cham wow commercial

Hmm. Can't really visualise using it on drying sweaters and blocking. It emphasizes that it can pick up 20x its weight from any surface, not suck it out of sweaters. It does say it's good for drying dogs, but that's different from blocking. I guess if you rolled a sweater in it and then pressed out the liquid that would work.

It's a rayon chamois, so you might be able to find a fabric store that carries it for a fraction of the $20.

I wonder if part of the reason for blocking and wetting it down is to sort of "iron" the yarn and drying is part of the process. That is, if you remove the water too soon, would the yarn still block?

I vaguely recall that commercial. I think the price was $19.99, or somewhere in there, plus shipping. Shipping on these TV sales gimmicks is usually about the same as the price of the product.

have you seen this? Looks like an excellent product for drying sweaters and blocking, etc. Going to buy it and see for myself.

:yes it is Shamwow and you get 4 large and 4 small towels of it...

I still have yet to order and try it. I was thinking more of using it to dry off my doggies after their bath, so thanks for the idea of the blocking!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure, but would it mess up your blocking if you had to roll or press down on the item being blocked? I've only blocked using quilt pins onto a towel, so I could be wrong. Let us know if it works.

Lydia

Archived