e.ldelgado

Grape Hot Plate Holder

So this lady that works with me had metioned this set of hot plate holders she used to have that were in the Shape of a bunch of grapes. I went on a hunt for the pattern (with some help from a fellow 'viller) and this is what i have so far hope the link works. I am not as good with computers as I am with hooks.:lol (yes I am tooting my own horn) thanks for looking.

th_Photo-0012.jpg

hope the link thing works!!!:crocheting

Go ahead and toot - your hot pad came out great :cheer

I'm not done with it yet, I will post some more pictures when I do a little more. Thanks for looking.

OMG I remember my mother crocheting this pattern back in the 60's!!:yes I believe it had crocheted leaves on top!!:think You are doing a great job!! Can't wait to see the finished item!! Thanks for the memories..:hug

Is this the pattern that uses bottle caps? It looks very familar and I have saved a bunch of caps to do this.

So this lady that works with me had metioned this set of hot plate holders she used to have that were in the Shape of a bunch of grapes. I went on a hunt for the pattern (with some help from a fellow 'viller) and this is what i have so far hope the link works. I am not as good with computers as I am with hooks.:lol (yes I am tooting my own horn) thanks for looking.

th_Photo-0012.jpg

hope the link thing works!!!:crocheting

Wow, that looks really good! Thanks for posting your progress and I can't wait to see it when you're finished. :hook

Yeah, I had my kids outside looking for bottle caps for me. :D I have a sick kid right now so I haven't worked on it much but I will. I didn't like the leaves on the pattern so I might do some "winging" and do some leaves of my own. I will post again in a while. It's nice to see how things that are considered old all of a sudden become new again... :manyheart

This is a vintage-style pattern that I have always wanted to make, but never have. Thanks for inspiring me -- yours turned out great.:cheer Are you adding a stem or leaves?

:DI have been done for quite some time I am just crazy busy with my kiddos and work and that big kid Phillip my DH. Anyway here is the completed grapes. I made 2 and were given to the lady that works with me, after all she was the one that told me about them. Hope Yall like them

2860681099_69dc8dd3ff_m.jpg

I bought plastic rings and crocheted around them and then stitched them to the back so the grapes could be hung when not in use.

2860706217_e68043cd4f_m.jpg

this is the second one as you can tell I winged the leaves and they do not look the same but beautiful non the less. :)

2861530938_ccabc2e9d9_m.jpg

here's the picture of them both. Anyway Thanks a mil for looking

Not look as beautiful because you winged it? Now I can't see that at all. They both look great to me. I remember seeing potholders like this and still do on occasion. Good job.

Not look as beautiful because you winged it? Now I can't see that at all. They both look great to me. I remember seeing potholders like this and still do on occasion. Good job.

I love patterns and am very obssesed with collecting them, my only problem is that i get furstrated and I'll just look at the picture and say to myself "I don't need a pattern i can do this" and that is where my "winging" HULK comes out! I just can't control it.

Anyway thank you so much for complementing the work I do. I love it, and it loves me! :hook:manyheart

They are both great! Love that 3D, makes for a very vivid potholder.

My Grandma crocheted her 6 daughters and 12 granddaughters each a set of these and then a set of hat pads. Plus doilies.

Neat! I remember this hanging on the kitchen wall at my gramma's house. As a matter of fact, it was what inspired me to ask her to teach me to crochet. You did a good job and brought back some happy memories.