Crochet Buffet

He's at it again!

How awesome! Can I be proud of him? :cheer
:lol :lol i think we are all proud of him, way to go . your doing a great job, and i teach crochet so i know:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol wonderful job, your sons aunt is going to love it:D vicki

:clap Wow what an awesome job! I can't believe he's only been crocheting a month! Good job!:cheer

:D :D :D :D It's great to see a young man in the making taking such an intrest.

It would be fun to look around and find some info on other men that crochet. I have heard that some pro athletes crochet. Even some male actors. I hope he keeps it up.

He is so focused and looks really relaxed! This is such a refreshing photo!

Wow, he is really doing great!

That's an awesome son you have & a great job on the poncho too!

I am also one that is happy to see younger people crocheting & dispelling the myth that it is just for grannys. And on top of that your ds is dispelling the myth that crochet is a girls craft. I never got that. Girls can shoot, ride horses or whatever no big deal but when a guy does something women have started--it's not cool? Congrats on your ds showing that crochet is cool for anyone! :clap

I just love this picture! YOu need to submit it to Some Crochet magazines so they can do a feature on your son. The fact that he's so young, and a boy and loves to crochet -0- and he does such beautiful work-- well, it just needs to be shared with the world!! :clap

That is so awesome! I would have never picked up a full pattern like that after just learning! How remarkable!

I noticed the yarn bag in the picture and though maybe "Mr Wal-Mart" :yay would like to sponsor this young man to help boost yarn sales and cut down mum's costs.

Great to see a young person doing great and constructive things with his hands instead of just being accused of being destructive. He will go far in this world.

What about writing to Oprah. She is keen on stories like this.

I watched her today and she had the "Dreams Come True" bus on the road and showed a 12yr old boy from Hawaii, who wanted to sing on TV.

Boy, did he do well. I don't know how old the programme was but it bought a tear to my eye and the eye of my husband.

Maybe your boy can teach his class to crochet:hook and start a new trend.

Go for it!!!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

Colleen. (Grandma to 7)

:cheer :cheer Go Turner! Go Turner! :cheer :cheer

That poncho is fabulous! Keep up the good work! It's so cool that you like to crochet! A++++++!

Oh my gosh!!! Y'all have said some remarkable things about Turner and his poncho!

Since the poncho, he's made a hat to match (and called the set, "Pretty In Pink" - I told him the next set should be called "St. Elmo's Fire" :rofl ), and is now making slippers.

I love the suggestions about submitting his picture to crochet magazines. I would love to submit!!! I wonder if he'd get shy.

Y'all are an awesome bunch! So inspiring and motivating!!!

Thank you for being here! :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Just had to add one more congratulatory message to both you and Turner. ONE MONTH he's been crocheting?!?!? WOW!!! What an impressive young man: not only willing to try something generally thought of as being "for girls" (though historically men were also crocheters; for example, it was one of the crafts sailors worked on to pass the time during long voyages) but to have the determination and skill to master it so quickly. Bravo, Turner!